Chapter 10

I am still existant, yes. Life is just a bítch.

Together you, Gloria, Hop and Leon cross Route 2 to get to the Professor's House

Together you, Gloria, Hop and Leon cross Route 2 to get to the Professor's House. The sun which is currently setting envelops the vast fields of grain in its bright orange light. A group of Rookidees flies above your heads, looking for a place to sleep. Gloria's Rookidee jumps outside his Pokéball and stares at the bypassing birds while remaining on his Trainer's shoulder.

'Homesick already? If you really prefer to stay in the wild, I can free you. I'm not a slave-owner after all.'

The Rookidee shakes his head confidently. Gloria chuckles. 'Alright then. There is no turning back now. You wil spend the rest of your life working for me.'

'You and your Pokémon get along pretty well. Mine would question me if I said something like that to them.', you smile.

'Gloria gets along with basically everyone she meets. She was charismatic ever since we were kids.', Hop explains.

'Not with everyone. Rude people get their ásses kicked.'

'...Ah right, I remember. That one kid that pushed me and Wooloo around when we were sill young. When you heard of that and confronted him about it, he never did it again and even made me an apology-cake. I was never able to repay you for that if I think about it. I'll make sure to do that one day!', Hop's eyes sparkle with confidence.

'Sure, I'll make sure to tell you if I find something.'

You sigh. 'Man, I wish I had such friends...'

'You don't have any childhood friends?', Leon joins the conversation.

'Maybe I would have had some if I had neighboor in my age. In the small village I lived back then were only old people. They were nice and all but to old to be considered as 'friends'.'

Gloria puts her arm around your shoulders. 'At least yu have us now.'

'Thank you. But be wand that I always attract chaos and misfortune.'

'If things ever get too bad, you have a Champion like my brother to count on.'

'Yes, I will make sure to do everything  in my might.'

The rest of the walk is spend in comfortable silence.

'Here we are Professor Magnolia's House.', Leon points at a house in front of you. Around its façade grows ivy making it look kind of old but charming. On a bench outside an old lady who wears a lab coat.

'Is that woman the Professor?'

Leon nods. 'Pretty sure she is.'

'Good evening! Have you unraveled all the secrets of the Dynamax phenomenon yet?'

The old lady stands up from her seat. 'Nice to see you too Leon. I assume these are the kids Sonia told me about. And about your question: No, far from it. The whole thing is still full of questions. Too bad that my granddaughter doesn't want to take over my research... Now come, it would be rude to leave my guests in the cold night outside. Let's head indoors.'

The four of you follow her inside. Having arrived in what you assume is her kitchen, you all sit down at the table that stands in the center of it.

'I see, Hop dear. Your Wooloo has made some new friends. And you must be (Y/N), the trainer with the Eevee my granddaughter is so intersted in. I trust you received the Pokédex from her. I'm sure you'll have it complete in no time!', the Professor calmly speaks. 

'You three must already know about Dynamaxing, right? Because that's the topic Professor Magnolia has been doing research into for years and years. And it takes a proper understanding of the thing if you plan to use Dynamaxing to the fullest!', Leon continues.

Magnolia shakes her head. 'There you go again, Leon, always talking about Pokémon. There are other things that are worth knowing about too you know. Like how many different types of tea there are!'

'A tea-fanatic, eh?'

'Professor, could you do me and Gloria a favor?', Hop speaks up.

'Sure, what is it dear?'

'help me convince Lee that he should endorse us for the Gym Challenge!'

The old lady looks at the Champion. 'Oh Leon, why wouldn't you endorse them?'

'They only started out as Pokémon Trainers recently. I wanted to give them some time to adjust themselves to that new life first.'

'Dearie, I thought your dream was to have everyone in the Galar region become strong Trainers. Isn't that right? Besides, how come that (Y/N) apparently is the only one of these there who has a Letter of Endorsement?'

'Because I promised them beforehand that if they have a good battle against my brother, they will get one.'

'For the sake of fairness, why don't you give Gloria and Hop the same chance? If these two can put up a convincing fight, you'll have to endorse them too.'

'And if I might remind you, when we were still in our village, you did say that you wanted to give us the chance to prove ourselves.', Gloria adds.

Leon sighs. 'Alright, fine then. Let's see if the two of you can show me such a brilliant battle that I'm lest with no choice but to endorse you.'

'Tank you Lee! We will make sure not to disappoint you!', Hop runs outside closely followed by Gloria.

You and the two older people in the room stand up too. 'Is it just me, or are you by far more strict with them?'

'Your performance back then was simply very convincing.', Leon smilingly says and goes outside too.

'I wasn't that much better than Hop though...'

Professor Magnolia wakes you up from your thoughtful state. 'Now come dear, trying to understand Leon's reasoning isn't the easiest thing to achieve.'

When everyone gathered around the battle field, Leon explains some basic rules for the battle to make is more like an official one. The enthusiasm in Hop's eyes and the confidence in Gloria's ignite the atmosphere.

'Eevee, Grookey, let's cheer our friends on!'

'Well then, let the battle begin!'

'Eevee, Grookey, let's cheer our friends on!'
'Well then, let the battle begin!'

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!