Chapter 6

The three young people stare expectantly at you

The three young people stare expectantly at you. While Leon and Gloria appear to be rather relaxed Hop is brimming with hope. With a bit of imagination you could even see small stars floating around him.

'If you are really okay with it I would prefer to stay at your house, Gloria. You were the first one to offer your help after all.'

'Are you sure tha-'

'Yep, they are absolutely sure Hop.', Gloria interrupts her neighbor.

A hint of disappointment is visible in the young males eyes. 'Oh well, I wanted to talk with (Y/N) about the person from who they got all their tricks. I'm sure that this person is as great as Lee but still...'

'Don't be so upset. Next time I'll go to your house. I promise, 'kay?.'

'Alright... See you tomorrow.'

Leon pets his brothers head to cheer him up. 'See ya, but we really should get going or else all of us are going to be half-zombies the next morning and we don't want that, do we?'

The two purple-haired brothers take their leave and so do you and Gloria.

'Your house is the one over there, right?', you point at the house on the small hill.

'Yes, not that many chances to guess that one wrong.'

Looking around you notice that Postwick is indeed laughable tiny. 'Aren't you getting lonely here?'

'Another reason to take part in the Gym Challenge and the main one to bully Hop from time to time. Before you complain: He dos know that I am joking... I hope. I am not a lowlife who wants to destroy other peoples life.'

'I didn't expect you to be like that anyway. You give off more the vibes of an older sister. One of the good type.', speaking you enter Gloria's house after her.

Gloria smirks. 'Maybe I should switch to a grandma-persona so that you don't get bored. Oh child, you have grown so much, let me pinch your cheeks.', the last part being said in a fake old-woman-tone.

She tries to do so but misses since you dodge her attempt. 'What a poor grandmother I am. Luckily I am as fast as a juvenile. Come here.'

Running from her to save yourself you have the feeling that there are some demonic aspects to her perception of a grandmother. 'I think I get what Hop was trying to warn me from.'

In the end you have to admit defeat since there are only limited options of where to run to. Eevee, Grookey and Scorbunny simply stand beside the unfolding event and seem to question a few things concerning their trainers. After a short moment of observation Grookey decides to imitate Gloria's behavior and squeezes Eevee's cheeks to which the Normal-Type reacts with wild scratches. To cut it short, everyone besides Scorbunny ends up fighting, making the bunny feel like it's the only sane existence among idiots.

Ten minutes later the rumbling noises in the small house settle snd peace finally returns. Humans and Pokémon alike are laying cuddled up on the floor, already sleeping due to the exhaustion. The Fire-Type joins in so that it isn't the only one left out.

The next morning you're the first one to wake up. All of your Pokémon sleep on your body and Gloria hugs you so tightly that you assume that she mistakes you as a stuffed toy in her sleep.

'What a suffocating way to wake up. How exactly do I stand up without bothering the other's sleep. Is there even a way to get out of Gloria's death grip unnoticed?'

Not finding any way out you decide to stay on the floor until the brunette is awake too.

'Gloria, do you hear me?', you whisper to her at the first sign of her slowly waking up.

'Just five more minutes mom...', she mumbles.

'Demonic granny, I am not your mother - I am (Y/N) and I can't feel my left arm anymore. Could you please let me go?'

'...No... too comfy.'

Growing impatient you use your partially free arm to poke her face. 'I am not your personal teddy bear. If you want I can pinch your cheek to get back at you for yesterday. Don't be a Slakoth and let me go.'

The female slowly opens up her eyes. 'Hmm? Oh, so there was someone talking to me.' She lets go of you. 'Sorry for that. For how long are you awake now?' 

You shrug. 'Dunno. Do you remember at which time we were supposed to meet up with Leon and Hop?'

Gloria looks at the clock which shows 9 AM. 'Did they even say a fixed time?'

Silence. 'Maybe we should go outside to check if they are already there.', you both say in unison.

Together you head towards the neighbors' house closely followed by the small Pokémon that were woken up by yours and Gloria's talking.

And, of course, the brothers are waiting. Hop notices you first. '(Y/N), Gloria, why are you so late? Did you oversleep?'

'Technically we didn't agree on a time to meet each other.', Gloria puts up her hands in a defensive manner.

Leon and Hop look at each other. 'We didn't?'

'Nope.'

Both of them scratch their head and smile apologetically.

'The resemblance between the two is great.'

'Anyways,', Leon continues, 'before you start collecting Gym Badges you should get a Pokédex first.'

Hop jogs towards the direction of Wedgehurst. 'Looks like it's off to the Pokémon research Lab for the three of us!'

'That's the kind of enthusiasm a Trainer needs! I'll let the professor know to expect you. Until then, goodbye.', Leon runs off.

'Will he find the way though?', you ask.

'Hope dies last. Lets go too (Y/N).'

Next week there are probably going to be almost no updates as I'll be out of town

Next week there are probably going to be almost no updates as I'll be out of town. Sorry for that in advance.

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!