Chapter 2

Leon pulls you up his Charizard so that you are positioned behind him

'What exactly do I have to consider while flying?'

'Don't let go of me, don't bend to the sides and if you happen to feel nauseous, please tell me.'

'That doesn't sound reassuring...'

The Champion gives you one last comforting smile and then signals his partner to fly off. The momentum of the start is so strong that at the beginning you are almost thrown off. To prevent this you cling to the other ones back with your dear life.

'Are you ok over there?'

'Y-yeah, absolutely. Never felt any better.', you lie.

'Not much longer and you will have solid ground under your feet again. Over there is the Rose Tower.'

Despite your fear for your life you take a peak past Leon. While all other buildings appear to be rather small, the tower stands above all with its whole glory.

'Hold on to me one last time - we are landing!'

Not long after the warning you feel Leon's cape stop fluttering in the wind, indicating that the flight is over.

'Whoa, that's the Champion!'

'Can I get an autograph?'

'Me too!'

Since Leon's cape is on top of you, you are hardly visible that results in you being unseen by everyone.

'That sound like my class... I would be totally weird to just jump down this Charizard and be like: 'Hey guys, it's me (Y/N), your classmate. I somehow managed to get a free ride with the Champion some of you like so much.' Yes, that would be weird, even without saying it out loud, but I can't sit here forever.'

You let go of the male and slide down his Pokémon. At the revelation of your presence everyone gasps and starts whispering. Ignoring your class you politely thank the purple-haired Champion with a blank expression and join the group of younger people.

Behind you, you feel he angered presence of your teacher. '(Y/N), I think you owe me an explanation. How come that you simply disappeared without a trace, leaving a hotel room with a broken window and blood on the floor and now, a few hours later, you arrive with the Champion?'

'Yeah, I should have told somebody about it. Though it is amazing that despite the crimescene-like mess I left behind, they still went to go through with their original plan.'

'It really isn't the way it looks like. You see, early in the morning a Fletchinder crashed into my window and because it got wounded I had to take it to a Pokémon Center. There I met Leon who brought me here since he had to go here anyway.', you explain.

'That's your excuse? I rather think that you did something stupid in your room and to cover it up you invented this excuse of a story.'

Leon notices the argument and approaches the two of you. 'Well Miss, I can confirm that they in fact brought a heavily wounded Fletchinder to a Pokémon Center. You should be proud to have such a responsible student. Their late arrival meanwhile is mostly my fault. I am deeply sorry for that.'

The teacher is a bit surprised by the way Leon defends your statement, but then turns away to take out her phone. 'Thank you for the confirmation. If you excuse me, I have to call the police again to explain them that nothing of great importance happened.'

'Sure, go ahead. Anyways, I have to leave now. Goodbye everyone!', the Champion says making his signature pose. Before leaving he winks at you which goes unnoticed by you.

Now you are the center of your classes’ attention.

'Wow, you got to spend time with Leon. I am so jealous!'

'Tell us, how is he?'

'Did something romantic develop between the two of you?'

Annoyed you shake your head. 'No, nothing happened between us. He was simply nice and took me here. Nothing more.'

Handclaps are audible in the background. 'Class, everything is cleared off. Now, lets go upstairs, Mr. Rose probably asks where we stay.'

You sigh in relief as the people around you march inside the tower, ignoring you again.

'I hope this tour won't take forever...'

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!