Chapter 4

'Your brother lives almost the whole way down on the other side of Galar? At least we are using a flying taxi this time

'Your brother lives almost the whole way down on the other side of Galar? At least we are using a flying taxi this time.'

'Postwick is a nice and quiet town. It is a good place to start a journey.'

You look out of the window and see vast grassy landscapes passing by. Eevee climbs up your shoulder to see something too. While you are completely absorbed in observing the bypassing nature, Leon takes an interest in observing your sparkling eyes.

The silent moment is disturbed by the Cabbie. 'Prepare yourself - we are now landing in Wegehurst.'

After having landed you exit the taxi which is quickly surrounded by people. To be more precise, the center of attention is Leon who greets his fans in a friendly way.

'Lee, I am happy to see you!', somebody yells through the crowd. This person pushes themselves through the human masses and turns out to be a boy looking similar to Leon. A second person, this time a girl, follows behind him. Both appear to be around the same age as you.

The Champion notices them and smiles even brighter. 'There is my number one fan! You have grown for one and a half inches, didn't you? And is the young lady behind you the friend of yours you told me about?'

Looking at the boy who must be the younger brother Leon mentioned you can't ignore the feeling of admiration for the energy he radiates.

'Yes, this is Gloria, my neighbor. Is the person next to you a friend of yours too?', he points at you.

You shake your head. 'Nah, calling myself a friend would go way to far. If anything, I am an acquaintance. My name is (Y/N), pleasure to meet you two.'

'But I could imagine us as friends.', Leon adds.

'Right...'

'Anyways, big bro, lets go home!', Hop cuts the conversation short and runs in the direction of what you assume to be Postwick. After a short moment of starring at you and the Champion Gloria follows her friend.

'He hasn't changed a bit...', Leon turns towards his fans and makes his signature pose. 'Well, everyone! I bid you farewell for today! But don't you fret, I'll always be around to make sure everyone in Galar can have a champion time!'

He looks at you. '(Y/N) I know that you aren't from here, but would you be so kind to help me to find the way to Postwick? My sense of orientation isn't the best.'

'He is joking, right? There is no way that somebody can't find the way to their own home. As far as I can see from here there should be only one straight way leading to Postwick. It's not that hard.'

'If you are bad at orientation, how did you become the Champion? I mean, you have to travel allot during the Gym challenge as far as I can remember...'

Leon's Charizard comes closer and lets itself get petted by him. 'I managed to get that far thanks to my trustworthy partner and a pinch of luck.'

'Impressive... Anyways, lets get going then.'

Having arrived at the house of Leon's family, Hop and Gloria approach you and the older male. 'Lee, you did promise us a present the last time I spoke with you. You said it is a secret, but I can guess you brought us Pokémon, ain't I right? Can you show us them?'

'Alright. The greatest gift from the greatest Champion. It's showtime everyone!', Leon says and throws three Pokéballs in the air.

The revealed Pokémon are Grookey, a Grass-Type, Scorbunny, a Fire-Type, and Sobble, a Water-Type.

Hop's brother turns around towards you and the two others. 'Take your pick you three.'

'We three?'

'Yes of course (Y/N), why would I bring three Pokémon if I only want to give two people a present? You want to take part in the Gym Challenge after all.'

This caught Hop's attention. 'You want to take part too? That would make all of us possibly rivals, right?'

'Well, I don't mind having rivals like you two. It will spice things up. Who is going to take the first pick?', Gloria speaks up for the first time in your presence.

'I have a Wooloo so one of you two can be first.'

'And I have Eevee, so Gloria can start.'

Hearing its name, Eevee jumps out of your backpack where it has hidden itself before.

Hop walks towards it and pets it with a smile on his face. 'It's so cute!'

'I am going to take this one.' While you ad Hop were distracted by your partner, Gloria already made her pick. Her choice fell on Scorbunny.

You smile at her. 'Nice pick. Hop, you can go next, you're Leon's brother after all.'

'Hmm, who am I going to take... I think an energetic Pokémon would fit (Y/N) better, so I choose you Sobble.'

Shaking your head you look at the small being that is left. 'You don't have to consider me while picking your own Pokémon.. Well Grookey, do you want to join my team?'

The monkey climbs up your arm and sits down on your head.

'Looks like everyone has their new Pokémon now. Since I assume that everyone is hungry now, why don't we make a barbeque to celebrate this meaningful day?'

Everyone agrees with Leon cheeringly.

Now you have your second team member with who you are ready to head out in the wide world.

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!