38

"Be Nice To Others-- She Once Said"

July 10th -- 

"Hey, Maki?" The ten year olds brow twitched slightly as she turned her attention to look at one of the neighbourhood kids. All annoyance vanished once she recognized the fourteen year old in front of her.

"Hey, Lilian." The girl kindly smiled at her and took a seat next to her. 

"You seem upset."

"Do I?" Maki hummed. "Don't I always look upset, though?" Her friend laughed at that but agreed with a nod.

"Yeah, but you don't always look like you want to murder everyone around you."

"Ah, guess I'm good at hiding it."

"Oh, come on!" Makis lips quirked up when Lilian lightly pushed her shoulder. "We both know your super against violence. Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to---"

As Lilian continued to ramble on, Makis eyes wandered to the girls legs as she eyed the new scars. Lilian's eyes were closed so she didn't notice Maki's narrowed gaze.

But thinking it was nothing, or a result from the girls basketball games, Maki shrugged those scars off. It couldn't be anything bad, right?

That would be Maki's first mistake.

Lillian was a girl Maki had met when she was eight years old, having trespassed onto the girls property while trying to find shelter on a rainy night, and Lillians family happily offered to keep the girl warm for a night.

Naturally, with their love for sports, they instantly connected. Eventually Lillian would become Makis greatest friend, and many life changing events with her would happen.

One in particular, that shouldn't have happened.

Lillian introduced Makis first anime to her, that being fruits basket, which Maki only chuckled at whenever the girl would cry. She was rather sensitive and smacked Maki with a pillow for laughing at her.

Soon, they would both cry over animes. When Lillian showed Maki Naruto, she instantly knew the girl would love the show. The similarities she saw with the Uzumaki and girl beside her were uncanny. 

Though she preferred one piece, she always loved ravenettes more... Maki called her dumb for that.

"Who're you calling dumb?!" Lillian laughed. "Don't judge me! I mean, have you seen Zoro's sideburns--!"

"Please, stop." Maki held a hand up to her. "I don't want to see him other than a really cool character."

"--And his arms,"

"Lillian, I'm not going through puberty yet, I don't understand your feelings--"

"--And his voice!"

'I give up...' Maki deadpanned and stared at the screen in front of her. Once Lillian had calmed down, the two decided to watch some one piece, on the Amazon Lily arc. 

They closed the lights and continued to watch at least five until the door opened. Lillian cursed, she knew what happened in these moments. Whenever the parents come to check on you while you're watching anime, some hentai ad or scene pops up!

"Click pause!" Lillian yelled while Maki continuously clicked the button. 

"I-I am! It's not doing anything, yo!"

Low and behold, Mrs.Richards stared at a rather... Strange scene which made both the girls want to dig a hole and jump in it.

"Ow..." Lillian rubbed her side where a slipper had hit her. "I swear, this always happens!"

"I wouldn't know," Maki blinked. " I get hit all the time, so I didn't think this was a problem... And I dont have electronics."

"Oh..." Lillian scrunched up her face in thought before rushing over to her desk and pulling out something. She gestured for Maki to open her palm, to which the younger girl did as the older slapped a small music player into her palm.

"There! That little MP3 is now yours!" Maki smiled, not even trying to give it back. She would take anything she could get.

"Thanks Lillian." 

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Maki picked up her bag as she was dismissed from class and quickly walked towards the classroom 118, where a certain ninth grader was.

But for some reason... Lillian hadn't come out. 

No matter, Maki would literally wait days if she had to. 

One hour later, Lillian exited the classroom with her lips in a straight line and eyes looking rather dull. Maki hadn't noticed the dullness, but she did notice how her cheeks held a weird streak on them.

It then dawned on her that her friend was crying.

She didn't like that.

"Lillian, what's wrong?" Her friend jumped before looking at Maki who was now standing.

Maki wasn't close enough yet to see the fear flash through her eyes.

"I'm okay!" Her friend grinned, but Maki didn't smile or feel relieved at all.

Instead, she set her hand on the girls face and traced the tear marks. "You were crying. Why?"

"Ah, she was just a little stressed with history." A new voice that Maki scowled at answered, laying a hand on her friends shoulder and making the girl tense.

"Shut up." Maki glared at him and slapped his hand off. He rose his eyebrow at her but smiled, this time more stiffly.

"I asked her, not you, so back off weirdo."

Lillian didn't say anything, instead she just followed as Maki dragged her out the school and towards their houses.

"I'll walk you home." Maki muttered with a frown.

"Thanks..." Her friend muttered quietly, but Maki was still confused why the girl seemed so sad.

She would soon know in two days.

Part one of Makis past is done. Lillian is a whole mood to me.

The next chapter will either be the last for the past  or the second last but there is a few triggering things so be warned please

Also i drew young maki and older maki

Love you all!

Love you all!

~LamaUzumaki