Ch. 5

Oswald is walking around out of the alleyway, in search of something to eat.

He was the only human in the alleyway, and of course, he still needs food, unlike the ghosts.

Searching for food gets harder and harder. He was walking around, hungry and tired.

He never slept well while he was there with the ghosts. They didn't need to sleep. They mostly just argued, keeping him awake.

Sometimes he wants to leave the alleyway, but something always brings him back. It was like his home. The home he wanted to get out of.

As he was walking near a store, he heard chatter coming from it. A bunch of girls, who seemed like scavengers, carrying bags of food. The food he wanted.

He hides behind a dumpster, although he was confused why.

Tabitha: haha I remember!

Emma: how that was like 6 years ago! I thought you had the memory of a goldfish!

Jillian: ugh goldfish can remember longer than like 3 seconds!

Lydia: don't act so smart Jillian!

Jillian: I'm the only one who's keeping you guys together into doing our tasks!

Lydia: whatever!

They walk off, but there was a hole in Jillian's bag and something falls out. A can of "chili" that all you have to do is microwave it. But it can be eaten without a microwave. Right?

Oswald quickly grabs it. But he made too much noise.

Lydia: did you hear something?

Jillian: hmm?

They turn around to see Oswald, frozen, grabbing the can.

He gulps.

Oswald: h-hey?

Emma: w-who are you?

Oswald: um........

Jillian smiles, something she hasn't done in a while.

Jillian: you can take the can.

Lydia: ...but we need it, Jillian, for the camp!

Jillian: I got more of those "chili" cans Lydia. He can take it.

Oswald smiles and runs back to the alleyway with the can.

Tabitha: he just ran off. We didn't even get his name.

Jillian: I don't recognize him from the camp. Maybe he just lives on his own.

Lydia: well he didn't look... well. Like tired and sad.

Tabitha: enough with this, let's just go back to the camp.

Jillian: whatever.

As they walk, Jillian looks to see where he went, but he was already gone.

Oswald is attempting to open the can outside of the alleyway. There was no handle. Great.

Oswald: UGGHH

Pete: what's up?

Oswald: can't open this can!

Sarah: ḈḀṆ'Ṯ ḧḕḶṖ ẏḀ. Ṏṳṙ ḧḀṆḊṠ ẇḭḶḶ Ḡṏ ṙḭḠḧṮ ṮḧṙṏṳḠḧ ḭṮ.

Millie: throw it at the wall. It'll pop right open.

Oswald: but then it will go everywhere.

Millie: so?

Oswald: dang it!

Oswald ends up finding a spoon and stabs the can as hard as he can, creating a big hole.

Oswald: got it.

Oswald eats the chili. I would've been better microwaved, but he had no other choice than to eat it straight out of the can. It was good anyway.

Those girls seemed... nice? Mostly the girl with the red hair. She let him take the can. Even though her "camp" really needed it.

Were there more humans out there that he doesn't know about? He believed that he was the only human now. He never tried to look for others like him.

Maybe that'll be his chance to find a new home. But.

He doesn't want to leave his ghost friends that he has gotten so used to for the past 6 years.

Maybe they'll be better off alone, without having to deal with Oswald being the only human, making them jealous.

He could try searching at least. Maybe tonight will be good. To see how the camp works and all the campers, just like him.

He's gonna try tonight.

𝘛𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥

(I'm sorry if I'm spamming you guys. I just got a lot of ideas I need to write before i forget!)