Ch. 8

Oswald was walking around, in search of food again when he noticed someone spotted him.

Oswald: uhh...

Abby's eyes widen. Is this the guy Jillian was talking about?

Abby: um excuse me? Who are you?

Oswald: uh O-Oswald...

Abby: okay. Oswald... where are you heading to?

Oswald: I- um-

Oswald starts running away in the other direction. His ghost friends specifically told him not to tell anyone that he encounters where they live at. All he thought of was "run".

Abby: Hey wait a minute!

Abby was confused. This Oswald guy seemed to be their way of finding their friends. Guess not.

Dylan: Was he scared?

Abby: I don't know... let's just keep looking.

Dylan: fine.

Mr. grandpa: you guys come on back!

Abby: ugh. Coming!

Abby sadly walked back to the camp while Dylan followed.

Abby hopes she'll see that guy again to get some information from him.

She flops onto her bed in the ghost hunter cabin. Dylan sits down on his bed.

Dylan: well this is hopeless.

Abby: Can you please stop saying that?

Dylan: it's the truth, Abby.

Abby: ugh.

Abby starts rummaging through the ghost hunting gear.

Abby was stubborn. She didn't want to believe that their friends are nowhere to be found. Gone forever.

They were never going to find them. Not while they are restricted from going too far.

They have to if they are going to find them.

———

The next day, Abby went to the inventor's cabin to talk to Mr. grandpa. She knocked on the side of where a door would be but instead was a curtain.

Grandpa: come in!

Abby walks into the cabin.

Hazel was holding a teddy bear, waiting for her new instructions and Chuck was making something we can't quite define yet.

Grandpa: is something troubling you?

Abby: I just wanted to talk to you. About the rule.

Grandpa: ...you are not going too far away from the camp.

Abby: I know, but the rule is the reason me and Dylan can't find Sarah and Millie!

Grandpa: they can't be that far away.

Abby: we've looked everywhere for years and there is no sign of them! We have to!

Grandpa's cheerful smile turned into a frown.

Grandpa: Abby we've been over this a thousand times. I want you and Dylan to be safe. There can be dangerous stuff out there and I don't want to lose any campers!

Abby: argh! So you don't care that we lost our best friends?!

Grandpa: I do care!

Abby: then you'd let me and Dylan go search farther!

Grandpa: the answer is no! That's final!!

Abby: ARGH!

Abby stomps out of the cabin in anger, possibly even sadness.

Chuck: Mr. grandpa?

Mr. grandpa sighs.

Chuck: that was a little harsh, don't you think?

Grandpa: I've heard of dangerous creatures that can be out there, stories from the scavengers. You can never be too cautious!

Hazel: but-

Grandpa: no buts Hazel, let's just get back to work.

Hazel: okay...

Chuck: mhm...

As soon as Abby got to her and Dylan's cabin, she collapses onto her bed and starts to cry.

Dylan: didn't go well?

Abby's talking was muffled from her face being in the pillow.

She's going to find a way to sneak out of the camp to find them in the farthest part of town.

That know it can say no all he wants but she's going to do it!

She has to.

𝘛𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥