Lucien + Scarlett|Enemies to Lovers

||Okay so this has nothing to do with daminette or any marinette ships and one more chapter will come out for this book, but I wrote this when my friends and I did a writing challenge so please read it! Thank you so much but yeah! Enjoy!||

"Come here." Lucien motioned with his hand while casually leaning against a wall. I reluctantly stepped forward, keeping my guard up, for this man couldn't be trusted. "Don't be scared, I don't bite." His arms snaked around my waist as soon as I was within reach. My eyebrow raised in question, trying to lean my weight to the back despite our close proximity, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing much." He shrugged off, eyes gleaming with a tinge of mischief. Maybe it was the way he looked at me or the way his voice lulled me closer, for some reason, I didn't trust my instinct and relaxed in his hold. Well that didn't matter, I just tried to enjoy the moment, breathing in the scent of lavender that lingered upon his leather jacket as I was pulled into his chest.

He began running soothing strokes down my hair, untangling the knots that were branded in it. I've always hated how Lucien towered over me, it's just always been unsettling but when I glanced up, it wasn't so bad.

A hand cupped my cheek and offhandedly brushed a thumb over my bottom lip. We locked eyes, like a silent form of agreement. Lucien leaned in, aiming to capture my lips into his. Enemies or not, this feeling wasn't something I could pass up. This kiss was soft and full of emotion. Like any girl would, I gave in, moving to his rhythm and curled my fingers into his locks, slightly giving them a tug. Lucien swiftly turned us around, leaving me to be pressed against the wall instead of him.

There was no one around, just Lucien and I, in a dimly lit room.

His teeth nibbled my lips which sent tingles of pain and pleasure down my spine. Lucien's left hand trailed down to my waist while the right roughly grabbed the side of my thigh.

Suddenly, there was unbearable pain lodging into my lower abdomen. Lucien pulled away, our first gasp of breath since the kiss. His face had a sick smirk etched onto it, "I lied, I do bite and kill."

He took the dagger and twisted it, opening the wound more and ripping my flesh, eliciting a sharp scream from me. It's like the air was forced out of my lungs, making breathing a near distant dream.

My arms trembled no matter what I told it. They didn't stop. Even straining a look at him hurt. "Why?" I asked, even though an answer was already forming in my head.

"We're enemies." Lucien stated as if it's such an easy concept, "I just finally got the job done for my family."

It felt like I was drowning, that was probably the internal bleeding though. My hands slowly went to touch the dagger, careful not to jostle it further. Dark red liquid coated my fingers as they wedged their way into the crevices of my fingernails. Lucien had me in the perfect position. How careless am I? Up against the wall, distracted, and isolated.

His eyes softened at my state. "Look I had to, okay?"

I fell forward but he surprisingly caught me and cradled me in his arms, letting the deep red soak into his t-shirt. Despite the pain, I noticed a duffel bag that just rested in a corner, probably with a change of clothes.

Dry coughs came out of my throat and by now my whole body was trembling as ice slowly but surely made their way through the veins inside of me.

It feels so cold.

"So this is what death feels like." I whispered, voice cracking. The tears that weren't supposed to spill escaped, leaving glossy eyes and tear tracks down my cheeks as more came. I wouldn't get to tell them goodbye, or more importantly...sorry.

"I guess." Lucien brushed a strand of hair behind my ears as I still laid in his arms, the same ones that were going to kill me. "You were a good kisser though." He raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Can't say the same for you." I lied through my teeth, trying to keep a straight tone.

"Oh please," Lucien rolled his eyes but immediately switched it back to me, as if wanting to see my last breath. "I know you enjoyed it."

Another cough escaped, quieter this time.

"Your name means 'light'"

"Huh?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows at the statement.

"Lucien."

"Oh yeah, it does. So?"

"All I see is the darkness, and not just because there are now dark spots in my eyes but because you are the darkness."

"I'll remember that."

"Okay good." It came out as more of a mumble than real words.

It felt like forever, but in reality it's only been 4 minutes.

My eyelids fluttered as I felt the slight loss of vision. With one last ragged breath, I gave myself to the darkness even though I'd already done it in my last seconds of living.

*****

Lucien noticed her pulse had stopped since he rested 2 fingers on the neck. "Guess that's it. It's over." He felt emptier than expected, like the time he'd just spent with that girl was the best. No, it was better than that, it felt like he was really truly alive.

Ironic isn't it?

Come to think of it, every minute he had with Scarlett was a feeling of hope, freedom, and purpose. Now that she was gone, he had no purpose.

A small smile graced Lucien's face.

He pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, "Goodbye, my Princess. Take care and wait for me okay? I'll join you again. I promise." With those last words his voice cracked and a small tear dropped onto the floor.

Getting up, Lucien grabbed the spare clothes and changed, walking out of the abandoned bar with his purpose, hope, and freedom being left behind with the girl he couldn't be with.