forgot something (gender neutral)

As the freshmen arrived at your high school, you smirked as you saw a few girls who would definitely try to seduce a teacher, a few who thought they looked mature in their platforms that they couldn't walk in and poorly applied makeup, a few who looked like preschoolers, and a few who could only be described as outcasts.

Some that may be classified as goth, some goblincore...But then you noticed a girl. Her hair was auburn brown shoulder length, her eyes were deep blue, and her complexion was tan. The girl appeared lost in the crowd, glaring at a boy who shoved her out of the way before tripping him and causing him to fall flat on his face on the concrete.

"Damn, she's cute...but she seems a little lost...Maybe I should help her..." chuckled your best friend, Kaylee, as she approached the freshman.

"No way, I want to talk to her first, and you aren't the friendliest person out there..." you said as you stood in front of your friend and blocked them.

"Be my guest, and for the record, you're not the warmest either, you simp," Kaylee said, nudging you forward and encouraging you to approach the girl.

You sighed and walked over to the girl just as she walked into the building. "Hello..." you said, smiling as you leaned against the door, blocking the way for the new youngster.

"Can I help you?" the auburn-haired brunette asked, her eyes a mix of confusion and frustration as she stared at the sophomore who had just blocked her way.

"Let me start over. Hello, my name is Y/n, and I'm a sophomore here. You seem a little lost, what's your name?" You extended your hand to shake the freshy's.

The sophomore's hand was slowly shaken by the female. "My name is Danielle, and I'm lost; I didn't make it to orientation, and my father and I only moved here a couple weeks ago..."

"Okay, Danielle, what's your first class."

"English Language Arts 2..." Danielle checked her schedule to make sure she was on the right track before looking up at you.

"Cool, I'm in that class. Want me to show you around?" you asked, pleased that Danielle, a lovely young lady, was in your class.

"Sure, thanks," Danielle said, smiling slightly as she followed you into the school. The bell rang, and she moaned a little, not pleased with herself for being late for the first day of school, something that her friends never did, whether it was to skateboard around campus or attend drama club.

"It's okay, Danielle," you said softly as you led Danielle to her classroom. "The professors are quite gracious with children who are in their first two weeks, three in your case because you never got to go into the school except for the office until today..... So, I watched you trip over that kid who shoved you; what's his deal?"

"He's my ex..."

"Oh I see...So you're straight?" Your heart sunk a little.

"I- No...I'm bisexual, though it's not the nicest thing to be..." she bit her lower lip as she stared down at her black converse.

"What makes you believe there's anything wrong with being bisexual?" you said, puzzled as to who the hell said that to her.

"Aria...."

~~~

Danielle and you were eating pizza and watching supernatural tv shows at your house. "So Aria told you that you just declared you're bisexual because you're too worried that no one will ever want you after him, and that you were being sensitive when you got mad...?"

"Yes..." Danielle sighed, recalling all her ex-boyfriend had said to her.

"Danielle, all that nonsense was bullshit; girls can like girls and guys can like each other, he was gaslighting."

"Oh..."

"Come on, put your jacket on." You smiled and pulled on your navy blue jacket, standing up.

"Where are we going?" Danielle asked, pulling on her red hoodie.

"You'll see, come on." The older kid took her hand, walking out the door and leading her to the local ice cream shop, Baskin Robins. "What do you wanna get?"

"Mint Chocolate Chip..."

"Oki." You nodded, getting a couple scoops of your own ice cream while also ordering the freshman's frozen treat.

After it was brought out, the two of you chatted and giggled, talking about pretty girls and boys when a car horn was heard. The two looked up and frowned, seeing that it was Danielle's father.

"Guess you gotta go huh?"

"Yeah..." Danielle sighed and got up, walking over to her father's 1980 Chevrolet K5 Blazer. You sighed and packed your things, getting ready go. But then the younger girl ran back over. "I forgot something...."

"What? I don't think you brought anything you'd forget-" Danielle interrupted you with a sweet kiss, causing the sophomore to wince slightly before melting into it and gently kissing back. You softly ran your fingers over the younger girl's soft hair, drawing her closer. Danielle hummed and wrapped her arms around your waist, pulling you closer.

"Danielle!" The fifteen year old's dad honked the horn once again, head out the window. "Let's go!"

Danielle quietly smiled as she hesitantly interrupted the kiss. "Bye, Y/n...See you tomorrow at school?"

Danielle kissed your cheek and hurried off to her car, and you smiled and nodded, blushing. "Damn, I guess I'll have to take her out for ice cream again..."

"Mhm, sure. Just no fucking on the benches, public nudity is illegal." Kaylee smirked, handing ice cream out to customers.

"KaYlEe BrYaNt I sWeAr To GoD."