University

University;
an educational institution designed for instruction, examination, or both, of students in many branches of advanced learning, conferring degrees in various faculties, and often embodying colleges and similar institutions.

Non-magic!AU

This is a Young Royals AU

If you don't know what it is, it's a show on Netflix that is literally so good that I've watched over ten times in the past two weeks

So, uh... watch it? Genuine recommendation, it's so good. You don't need to watch the show to read this, but if you plan to, there are spoilers for the plot

They're University students in this btw everyone is of age

For story purposes, there are still the Houses, but they're not really divided into those houses because of personality traits, but it's more social standing— it'll get explained in the story

Also, Harry's not a singer, so... he's not singing

Rip my man Erik but Tom doesn't have a sibling so we don't have that arc, Tom's the crown prince because I said so

Even though I didn't make a sibling for Tom, I made a sibling for his father. I don't have an explanation for that one. I do what I want.

That sibling had a son, so that's Tom's cousin. He's an OC (wonder who he's based on)

I switched a few other things around to fit this story too (like their sport is Quidditch but seeing as it's a non-magic story it's just fancy soccer(?))

There's also going to be a lot of canon divergences btw so if something isn't the same as the show trust that I know that

The last thing Tom wanted was for the video of him fighting that guy in the bar to blow up on the internet— but, Tom never really got what he wanted, did he?

Technically, it hasn't blown up yet. It had only been five minutes, after all, and Tom's head still ached from the collision. But, he had seen the phone pointed towards him and knew that it was just a matter of time before his fight was the first thing that came up when you went on Google and typed in 'T'.

He had left as fast as he could, ignoring everyone around him and hopping into the limo that had been waiting outside the bar the entire time (honestly, not drawing attention at all). As they pulled away, Tom noticed the hounds of paparazzi— he knew realistically that it wasn't because of the video, just because of his him, yet he groaned just thinking about the influx of more coverage he was about to get.

Tom was well prepared to say it was self-defence— and it so obviously was, if the video showed that part— but Tom knew that the video would almost certainly cut out the part of the other man harassing him first.

As they drove through the city, Tom's phone started ringing. Without even looking at the caller ID, he answered the call and held it to his ear.

"Hello, mother," he said, blankly.

He heard a sharp intake of breath. "Have you checked the internet?" Was all that was said, her voice dangerously low.

"No, but I'd imagine that, since I was there in person, I know what you're talking about."

"Thomas, you cannot go waltzing into bars and getting into fights with people! You are the crown prince, do you not have respect for yourself? For your country? Me and your father are appalled, young man. We didn't raise you to be this way. Can you imagine the uproar when this gets more views? Oh— look, a million already."