Bravery

Bravery;
courageous behaviour or character

--

Takes place during the second Wizarding war, and Harry essentially has a mental breakdown and all that jazz. The story's better than my description, I'm so sorry

*at the beginning of the story Harry goes through a "death comes for everyone nothing matters" phase and it may be triggering for some people*

Also, if you have read my Soulmate series, Lily and James are assholes. In this their really supportive, so just a reminder that this oneshot and that story have no correlation whatsoever.

--

Snape's last memories that he wanted to share with Harry were absolute bullshit, and Harry knew that Snape knew that when he told Harry to collect his tears. 'Ha, give the child false hope,' he probably thought, 'but instead of help him, ruin his entire life!' The greasy git.

Harry wasn't having it.

So basically, Snape loved his mother with borderline obsession and when he called her a derogatory term he expected her to forgive him. Then when Voldemort found out about the prophecy (which Snape told him about) he went running to Dumbledore begging to save Lily, and not Harry or James, the people she obviously loved, but he didn't care because he had a grudge. Rude. He climbed over his father's body to get to Lily, completely ignoring baby Harry who had literally just survived a fatal curse and that was crying in his crib. And to top it all off, both Snape and Dumbledore knew that Harry was a fucking horcrux and neither of them decided to tell him.  It was crucial fucking information. How the hell was he supposed to do what they wanted him to do without knowing all the bits of information (*cough* Dumbledore's horcrux hunt *cough*)?

If they both weren't dead right now, Harry'd kill them.

So, what now? They expect him to die? And what, be a martyr for people who wouldn't even thank him once for saving them multiple times from Voldemort? Him, die for the people who called him a heretic when he claimed Voldemort was back? For the people who left him with the Dursley's?

Once again, Harry wasn't having it.

He sat down on the steps in the Headmaster's office for a while, thinking everything over. The room seemed much emptier and colder than it had when Harry was younger. He could hear all the screams and whatnot coming from downstairs, but he couldn't process that in his head. Only two things ran through his mind.

1. If Harry had had Snape as a father, he would have drank a whole vial of Draught of the Living Death potion during his early childhood.

2. Two adult figures decided not to tell a mere child that he had a piece of a Dark Lord in his fucking forehead and that he would have to die— just like a slaughter house.

The more he thought about it, the more pent up anger started to spill out of his near-perfect dam. But was this Harry, or was this the horcrux in his scar affecting him— Harry couldn't tell anymore. How much of his life had been a lie? Set up? Who knows? Dead men tell no tales.

A cold tremor ran through Harry's spine. There was nothing that could warm him anymore. Snape he could understand— their hatred was mutual, after all— but he had looked up to Dumbledore. How could he not tell Harry was was going to... die?

Die. Harry was going to die. He was going to get murdered. And for what? Nothing. He was going to be murdered in cold blood.