Horcrux

Horcrux;
an object in which a Dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her soul for the purpose of attaining immortality.

Based on the following prompt:

"It is physically impossible to harm your soulmate. You are a war general fighting a war and in close combat you throw a dagger at the enemy general but the dagger passes right through them..."

AU where Tomarry are soulmates and Harry didn't go on the hunt, and Death Eaters didn't take over Hogwarts.

So Harry's friends know Harry is a horcrux, but it's just like a normal year. I don't know how that works, just go with it.

Most of this is Harry's internal angst, but then again J.K Rowling wrote seven books of it so this isn't that bad

" = dialogue
' = thoughts/horcux

Harry's POV

Truth be told, all Harry wanted was to sit down and do homework with Ron and Hermione. Which was strange, really, because he hated it with a passion.

He sat at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, absentmindedly munching on some food and he couldn't be bothered to find out what it was. Usually by now, Hermione would be talking animatedly about a new book she had read all in the last night (seriously, who's got the time?) and Ron would be staring at her in what he hoped was discrete while snarfing down the last waffle at the table. Harry, however, would be finishing the homework assigned the day before.

Today was a different day. Everything was deathly silent, and Ron and Hermione were sneaking worried glances at Harry, and he just pretended he didn't notice. The candles, which would otherwise shine brightly, were dim and looked as though they were at the end of their life. Harry dropped what he was eating onto his plate.

"So this is it, then?" He questioned, low enough for only Ron and Hermione to hear. "We all sit here like our cat just died the morning before we fight?"

"What else are we supposed to do, mate?" Ron shrugged, picking half-hazardously at his food. "It's not like any of us are excited or anything."

Harry squirmed, and looked down. He didn't particularly like seeing the down look in his friend's face. "Well, I understand, but it's just so strange, yeah? I just kind of want things to be normal for just a little longer."

Hermione flashed him a soft smile as she patted Ron's hand. She then went off into a spiel about one of her newest books that she had read the night before, and Harry tried his best to listen. In the corner of his eye, he saw Headmistress McGonagall talking urgently with Professor Slughorn, who, as soon as the conversation ended, rushed out of the Hall, but not without sending Harry a look of worry.

Harry sighed.

In a desperate attempt to clear his head, Harry took a walk alone around Hogwarts— which probably wasn't the best idea, given the climate, but it was truly needed. He had reached the kitchens when he heard his name.

"Yes?" He looked back, to see Luna skipping up to him from behind. For the first time that day, he smiled a real smile— Luna didn't make sense at the best of times, she could distract him.

"I saw you walking alone and I thought you may like some company," she breathed, gazing at him. She caught up to his pace.

Harry smiled. "Yeah, that would be wonderful, thank you. I've just been trying really hard to get the whole 'fight to the death' thing into my head. I just feel so alone right now."