Facade

Facade;
an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.

I'm back, bitches

Harry has been dark his entire life, but hid it through a facade. The graveyard scene is slightly more interesting than canon, in this case.

Ron and Harry never made up after Ron was jealous.

Takes place during 4th year.

Intelligent!Harry, Pretty!Harry, Sane!Tom/Voldemort

Italics: Parseltongue

The cracks in the walls and the peeling of the paint around Harry seemed to intensify as he waited patiently for the Weasley patriarch to retrieve him from the hellhole he's supposed to call home. He could hear Dudley marching down the stairs to no doubt devour his fourth snack of the day, even though it was only noon.

Harry turned up his nose in disgust as he heard the snorts and moans coming from his cousin as he munched on his food. How the teen didn't have severe diabetes yet was a mystery.

It wasn't like Harry could say anything about it. The family wasn't a family at all— although Harry had no personal knowledge on families, he had read enough to know they were in fact a fucked up group of people— Uncle Vernon works early and comes home late, making up for his absence in food and presents. Aunt Petunia stays at home, but all she does is eavesdrop on the neighbours because that is all she can do, and oh, if Harry had to hear how Mrs. French from next door fucks another man during the weekdays one more fucking time he was going to fucking lose it. His cousin, Dudley, wasn't exactly textbook perfection either— the size of a beached whale with a patch of blond hair on the top of his head that made him look like Jojo Siwa (A/N: HA), he hides his mental anguish behind physical threats.

Of course, they don't think anyone notices. But Harry does. He notices a lot.

Like in first year, when Hagrid came around and told him he was a wizard, spitting praise about Dumbledore and Harry automatically knew Dumbledore had been the one paying the Dursley's to keep him there and to abuse him.

Like in second year, when the Diary gave him one too many details and after he killed the basilisk (what? He had been forced to) he hid the diary and saved Ginny, and used the information to figure out Tom had made a horcrux— how many, Harry wasn't sure, but that's the only logical explanation.

Like last year, third year, when his escapee godfather, who was framed for a murder he didn't commit, tried to see him but was thwarted by the law. Eventually he got into contact with Harry through Remus, Sirius' husband and Harry's DADA teacher, and they realized that his hearing hadn't been exactly fair. The fact that Harry could have been with a loving family instead of a washed out abusive one made his stomach turn.

No, Harry noticed many things for a newly-turned fourteen year old. But he knew how to hide it.

In first year, he had heard all these misnomers about Slytherin, and although Harry knew he was, in fact, a Slytherin, he went with the house pushed towards him— Gryffindor. It seemed as though that was the correct option, seeing as it made Dumbledore trust him more than before.

In second year, Harry had found the Chamber of Secrets fairly early— February. He had hidden in a bathroom from a group of third years trying to get with him (honestly, no shame) and he had accidentally stubbed his toe. He had hissed out in pain and the sink opened to show the entrance. Thankfully Moaning Myrtle didn't tell anyone, because Harry made it his personal goal to be somewhat kind to omniscient beings— who knew when they'd need the help of an omniscient aquaintance.