Quarterback

Quarterback;
a player positioned behind the center who directs a team's offensive play.

Tom is a quarterback, Harry's the wide receiver. The problem? They're on separate teams.

So I know nothing about american football. All I know is the quarterback, and apparently there's a position called the wide receiver and I chose that because it's a good pun because Harry receives that DICK-

But anyways the football information could be totally incorrect, but I also know football isn't why you're reading this so fuck it

Also motorcycle helmets have straps in this. I'm not saying I make up the rules but I totally do

The poem (no spoilers) wasn't written by me, I found it on google because I tried and failed at writing one

Also, Modern!AU, American!Harry, American!Tom, basically everyone's American because this is set in America aight good

"I'm not afraid to beat you up, you know."

"I know you aren't. That's what makes you so cute."

"I literally just threatened you."

"That doesn't stop you from being so cute. Like a cat."

Harry frowned up at the opposing team's quarterback, Tom Riddle. Their schools had a rivalry because they were so close to each other, and most teams usually talked shit to each other, but Riddle always seemed to pick on Harry the most— which made absolutely no sense. Harry's not even the quarterback of his own team. Why couldn't Riddle go pick on Ron?

"Gryffindor will win this year, Riddle. You might as well just accept defeat now."

Tom tilted his head, pretending to think about it, before shaking it. "No, I don't think so. Slytherin has won... what is it, now? The past eleven years? You don't stand a chance."

"Well, if it's been eleven years, I'm sure it's time for a change." Harry sneered.

"Of course," Tom agreed. "We'll let you get more than half our score this time. Maybe even two points over half, if you're working hard."

Harry rolled his eyes and decided to change the subject. "Why are you here, anyway?"

It was a valid question. The Gryffindors were practicing, but all of a sudden a few of the Slytherins showed up. Even though the schools were so close they shared a football field, it was scheduled for the Gryffindors for the night. Harry assumed it was just to syke the team out, but he wasn't so sure. Harry had been on the team for three years and this had never happened.

Tom bit his lip, and dragged his eyes up and down Harry's figure. "Just wanted to come and... check out the competition. You're very small for a football player."

Harry glared up at the quarterback, trying to hide the heat that rose to his cheeks. There was no reason why Tom had to make that sound so sexual. Riddle had a deep voice that made Harry mildly sexually frustrated at the best of times, but that? That was just rude.

"You know who's on my team, Riddle, we only got two new players this year," Harry said. "And would you stop saying I'm small? It's only important that I'm fast, asshole, I'm the receiver!"

There was a twinkle in Tom's eye. "Oh, Harry, I know you're a receiver. You could always be a receiver in more ways than one."

As the blush on Harry's face turned redder, he raised an eyebrow at the taller teen. If that was flirting, then Harry wasn't going to back down. He won't lose.