Pt. 73: Midweek

A/N: The TVA doesn't exist here because if it did, Luna and Loki would have been arrested and pruned a long time ago. Or maybe their time hasn't come yet. I don't even know. The whole show got me fucked all the way up. Also, Sylvie has nothing on Luna. Or is Sylvie who you all prefer? I don't know; my brain feels like it's running in circles like a caged emu. Anyway, here's a chapter! Hope y'all enjoy!

The Soundtrack So Far: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0XFn64nglHcWqg4R8809Gg?si=wq_JXcHbTUGneuV38NVDkw

You Look So Good In Blue: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Q0fUqZM9G5XcefGCh30uo?si=KFOt-B1GT7SPCNEp6Zz9yQ

----------

The early afternoon slipped closer to the evening, and dinner was soon to be had. By this time, Loki had parted ways with Luna with a promise to rendezvous afterward. He desired to discuss a few things with Thor over a meal. Luna thusly encouraged him and sought someone else out to dine with. Tony crossed her mind, but he was nowhere to be found. She figured he'd already headed out with Rhodey. They had a lot to talk about before they left for New York. Sam was a choice, but she didn't know him that well. Besides, he may have paired himself off with Steve or Bucky already. Maybe Wanda was available. Vision can't eat food, so she would likely not be dining with her lover.

As Luna searched the halls for her friend, a door in the distance opened up. Curious, she watched for the room's occupant, and out stepped one Bruce Banner.

"Dr. Banner. Hi," she greeted as she walked closer. He looked up and smiled softly.

"Hey. I, uh, thought you were off with Loki." Bruce looked over Luna's shoulder and down the other end of the hall. "Where is he?"

"He's taking his dinner with Thor right now. They have a lot to talk about. Asgard and such things, I suppose."

Bruce nodded. "Oh yeah, they really do. So what are you up to?"

"I was looking for Wanda to see if she'd want to have dinner."

"I think she already left with Nat. Sorry."

Luna glanced down. "Oh. Uh, thanks. I'll get out of your hair now." She smiled goodbye and passed him on her way.

"I could eat," Bruce called after her, making her stop and look back. "Dinner. I can," he stepped out into the hall and closed his door behind him, "go with you. If you want."

Luna was a little confused, but she appreciated the offer. "Yeah. That'd be nice."

"Great." Bruce grinned and walked closer, nervously rubbing his hands. "There's this nice place down the road that makes a great pumpkin curry. I heard you're vegetarian, so," he trailed off, looking down and toeing the ground with his shoe.

"I love pumpkin curry," Luna affirmed, and they strolled together in the direction of the elevators. "Been a while since I made it. I did make spaghetti squash for dinner one time. It was so good. Blew Loki's mind when it was done. Heh, it was so cute."

"Yeah, I bet. Not that he was cute, that it was good. I don't," Bruce shook his head, "I don't think about him like that."

Luna chuckled. "More for me, then."

"Yeah. He's, uh, he's all yours."

They shared a humored smirk as they came upon the floor's elevator. Luna took the liberty of pressing the 'down' button, and they waited quietly for the doors to open. Bruce let his new companion enter first, and he followed close by. The doors promptly shut behind him, and they started their descent to the ground floor.

"So, uh," Bruce began, "how are you doing? You know, with the whole," he gestured to his face, then to Luna's, "thing."

Luna shrugged. "I'm getting used to it. It's really different, but," she tilted her head, "I don't hate it."