Pt. 66: The Gathering

A/N: oof it has been a WHILE, y'all! I am genuinely so sorry for the delay in this chapter. I was busy with writing a paper and a final project for the class I was in. On top of that, there was a whole week in November where I didn't write at all. Plus, the sun setting at 4:30 pm every day has shifted my entire life into this weird dimension of being productive but also nonproductive at the same time. You know? Anyway, onto the story! I hope this is satisfactory enough.

The Soundtrack So Far: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0XFn64nglHcWqg4R8809Gg?si=wq_JXcHbTUGneuV38NVDkw

You Look So Good In Blue (OTP playlist): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Q0fUqZM9G5XcefGCh30uo?si=KFOt-B1GT7SPCNEp6Zz9yQ

----------

After finally taking a bath and changing clothes, Luna accompanied Tony and Loki on a late lunch. Tony had offered to pick up anything they needed as an apologetic gesture. Loki accepted wholeheartedly, and Luna was too hungry to wave him off. But more so, she was excited and eager to see the kinds of food Wakanda had to offer. By the look of the people and the distant smell of street vendors, her fantasies went in all directions.

Tony took them to a quaint and exquisite eatery. The tables and chairs shone in the early afternoon sun, and Luna took a deep breath. The air smelled of cumin, and it made her even hungrier. They were greeted by a waiter and brought to a table near the back. The menus appeared on the table in 3D projections, detailing everything a patron would want to know about the dish.

"Try that fish-vegetable stew," Tony offered, pointing to one of the projections. "I hear the fish is fresh-caught, straight from the streams of Jabari Land." He shrugged and looked quite impressed. "I don't know what that means, but it sounds very organic."

Luna covered her mouth and smiled. "I'm sure it is."

Their waiter made a round near their table and asked for their order. With Luna and Loki's consent, Tony ordered two fish stews for them and an icy craft beverage for himself. He'd already had lunch not long before and wasn't hungry, but he didn't want to disrespect the staff.

The food came relatively quickly, piping hot and fragrant. Luna was sure every patron could smell the aroma wafting from the bowls set in front of them. She shot the waiter a quick thanks, a smile, and tasted her meal. The decadence stoked her hunger, and she ate ravenously. She hadn't eaten since the previous day, and her body was begging for proper nourishment. Loki ate a bit slower than her, but his restraint was minimal at best.

Tony looked at his two friends and sipped his drink with ease.

"So, how do you like it?" he asked once Luna finished about half her bowl.

Luna hummed contentedly and swallowed. "It's incredible. Really. Thanks for taking us to this." She gestured to Loki, and he nodded.

"I told you I'd treat you to a nice brunch. So," Tony leaned his elbows on the table, "since I gave you food, have I been fully forgiven yet?"

"Uh, I think so."

Loki nudged her. "You're too nice, dear."

"No," Luna chuckled.

Tony waved a hand. "I totally agree with him. You are." He threaded his fingers together and held his hands up in a begging manner. "Oh, please punish me some more. I deserve it."

"Tony!" Luna gasped, putting a hand over her chest. "What would Pepper say?"

He picked up on her joke and grinned. "Uh, she'd say, 'please keep going. He likes it hard.'"

Afraid of laughing too loud, Luna slapped a hand over her mouth. Loki laughed modestly for the two of them.

"You are incorrigible," he said jokingly to Tony as he ate more of his meal. Shrugging, Tony leaned back in his chair with a proud grin on his handsome face.