Pt. 15: Long Live Life

"If I were Dana, I would have shot Marty in an instant," Loki said, having finished his egg on toast.

"But wouldn't you have still been caught by the werewolf? What would you do about that?"

He hummed, sipping his tea. "Either shoot it or push the director into its path and escape."

"Ooh, yeah. I would have totally pushed her and saved my bullet for the redneck zombie girl. But then there's the problem of returning to the surface." Luna leaned back in her chair and drank the rest of her own beverage.

"The rest of the creatures should still be dispersed and occupied with any of the other humans they captured. Bypass them quickly and quietly, then take the elevator back up."

Luna rested her chin on her hand and stared off into space. "A bit of a risk, but I like it. It just might work. On a side note, how do you think they could just get away with all that and not gain the suspicion of at least one other person that's not in on it?"

"It's quite simple, really." Loki took his last sip and put his mug down. "Sleight of hand, magic, and the favor of the gods," he said, counting off each one on his fingers. "With those three things, a human could work miracles."

Luna got up and circled around him, picking up his empty dish to tote to the kitchen along with hers. "Sounds like you have some experience in that matter."

"Of sorts," he responded quickly, almost being cut off by the running of the faucet.

Once the dishes were rinsed and set aside to wash later, Luna spun back around. "Kinda changing topics, I am a little curious about something. You're not obligated to answer, of course, but I figured I could ask you."

Loki leaned back as far as he could in the small chair. "What would you like to know?"

"When you first arrived, how did you walk around and not have people notice you? The desk manager and the old lady paid you absolutely no mind."

He shrugged. "Easy. I cast a concealment spell. Only you were able to see who I truly was at that moment." Luna nodded, considering his reply with reverence.

"Huh. Very cool and useful."

"Though I did make the mistake of using another spell, resulting in my being caught by that awful sorcerer," Loki grumbled, crossing his arms. Luna quirked an eyebrow and packed her lunch bag.

"Doctor Strange was just following his protocol." She enunciated the good doctor's name. "I think he'd be very pleased with your recent behavior." She did her best to encourage him.

"Maybe so, but he will never be worthy enough for me to utter his name."

As Luna expected, there was no staying his disdain. She let out a soft exhale and grabbed a chilled bottle of water from the fridge rack.

"Suit yourself. Anyway, I need to get going, or I will be very late." Luna left to grab her bag and phone from her room. "Everything is where it should be, and if you absolutely must go in my room, don't touch anything," she told him, knowing full well he would only obey her if he wanted to.

"Now, what reason would I have to do that?" Loki gave her a little smirk, prompting her to return it with her own.

"Just a reminder. Anyway, I will see you later, hopefully with fresh dinner material."

"Looking forward to it."

Luna giggled and said, "Bye, Loki," in a sing-song voice as she walked out, locking the door behind her.

Loki waited to move, deciding to breathe in the silence he was granted due to Luna's daily absence. Her company wasn't something he minded, but he did like to have time to do as he pleased. Such time came in abundance during his youth, time he used to refine his magic and journey anywhere he liked. In recent years, he had less of it as his views and priorities shifted and changed along with the tides of his life.