Homophobic Parents

A/N: this is a lot harder than I thought it would be haha, to anyone who writes fics, I give you props!
————————————————————————
Louis' POV:
I didn't talk to Harry for a whole week. Every time I tried to walk up to him during school, at practice, or in the locker room, he would run away; literally.

Today was our first game, however, which meant that we'd have to talk to each other because we both played center mid. To say I was nervous was an understatement. We were playing our Rivals, the Lakeview Raiders. They were the team we always went up against in the finals, so this game meant a lot to everyone because it showed how our team would do this season.

I walked into the locker room and saw Harry. He glanced up at me, but pretended I wasn't there. I walked over to him, "you ready for the game?" I asked curiously. He nodded his head and I sighed. "Harry you have to talk to me, we're playing in two hours and you'll have to talk to me on the field." "I will when we get out there then," he replied coldly and shoved past me.

I rolled my eyes and started to put my uniform on when I felt someone tap my shoulder. It was Niall. "Hey mate," I said confused, we barely ever talked because of Harry. "Hey..." he said awkwardly. I gave him a look, which meant to tell me what he needed to say. "Do you think Harry's been acting different?" He asked. My mouth went dry, "um not that I know of? How would I know I'm not his fucking friend," I tried to reply confidently. Niall nodded, "yeah I know, but you guys haven't been fighting as much as usual, and when I tried to ask him about it, he started to have a panic attack." I looked back shocked. I didn't realize how badly he was hurting from this. I tried to pretend I didn't know what he was talking about, "I don't know man, I think we're just trying to get along better because coach was super kissed off at the beginning of the season," I lied. He nodded, "that makes sense," and walked away. I released a shaky breath and continued to get dressed.

Our team took shots and passed around during warm ups. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. The game started in 10 minutes and I was shitting bricks. I knew that I was a good player, but this team was insane. One mess up, and I could lose the game for us. I felt someone behind me, Harry, "don't be nervous Lou, you're the best player on this field, you got this." He whispered into my ear. I went to turn around, but when I did, he was gone. I sighed and continued to warmup until the refs blew their whistles to start the game.

My team huddled up around our coach. "Okay guys," coach cheered, "we've been training hard these past few weeks, I know you guys have it in you to win this, go show them who's field this is!" He yelled and we all cheered loudly. I walked up towards the middle of the huddle, "you heard coach! Let's fucking destroy them! Hornets on 3!" I cheered. "1, 2, 3, HORNETS," we all screamed as we ran onto the pitch.

The game was insanely physical, with both teams taking cheep shots at one another. It was a few minutes before half time and we were tied 1-1. I stole the ball off of the other team and began to sprint down the middle of the pitch with the ball at my feet. "Louis!" I heard Harry scream as he ran a diagonal run across the pitch. I chipped the ball over three of my opponents and the ball landed directly at Harry's feet. He sprinted at their last defender, tripped him up, and continued to the goal for a 1v1 against their goalie. He swung his leg back, and shot the ball. I stopped breathing for a split second, "GOALLLLL," the announcer yelled out through the speakers.

Harry ran back to the center line and all of us patted him on the back. "Great shot," I smiled at him. "Great ball," he smiled back. I felt so happy because we were winning and Harry was being nice towards me. The game started up again and after a few minutes of no one scoring, the ref blew the whistle for half time.

"Great job out there boys," coach cheered. "Louis and Harry, great job out there working together," he smiled. Both of us blushed and little and smiled at each other. Coach started speaking up again, "you guys are playing fantastic, I have no pointers, just go out there these last 40 minutes and score another goal to lock us in!" We all cheered and ran out to get into our positions.