7

Carnival's pov
"Carnival?"I heard Ernie say,I sniffed and looked up.i widened my eyes and gasped,covering my mouth a bit with my hand.he was conjoined to some girl!she must be that Julie girl those group of protesters told me about when I asked them about Ricky and Ernie."W-What happened to you guys?"I asked as I stood up,"Elijah P. Skuggs did this to us."Julie explained."the man that was chasing me?"I asked,"wait,he was chasing you?"Julie asked.i nodded,"he probably thought that she was a-"I cut Ernie off."Don't say it Ernie,please."I begged,he nodded."W-Where's Ricky?why isn't he-he with you?"I asked,Ernie didn't say anything and neither did Julie.

"W-Where is he?"I repeated my question,my voice was shaking a bit."he's alive but..."Ernie trailed off,"he's with the other freaks,Elijah's preparing them for a show tonight."Julie explained."we gotta save them somehow!"i said,"how Carnival?"Ernie asked."i don't want to burst your bubble but nobody knows we're here."he reminded me,he was right:besides the group of protestors nobody else knows we're here,and I doubt they'd help us.i felt so hopeless,I looked down sadly,"there has to be something we can do..."I said.Julie looked at me sadly,suddenly the door slammed open."there ya are!and it looks like you were hiding with the other freaks."Elijah said,I screamed as he grabbed us.