Preface - Story begins in Chapter 1

This preface is here to give a brief synopsis of the story, to go over content warnings, and to touch on the werewolf tropes that will/will not be included. If you're not interested in that, then thank you for clicking on this story, and please continue to the first chapter!

Synopsis:

Lauren Adams is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend, Evan.

He's an Alpha.

Can you blame a girl for panicking?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lauren Adams is a girl with a plan. Freshly graduated from culinary school, she's only a couple weeks away from her boyfriend, Evan's, 18th birthday and officially becoming his mate. Then, she's going to move out to Wyoming with him to start their happily-ever-after.

Except.

A certain older, incandescently hot Alpha comes to her pack on business and topples her plans like a wrecking ball.

Now she's on the run, he's on the chase, and there's more than just a ridiculously expensive car on the line.

Content Warning:

My stories feature adults doing adult things. I'll be putting content warnings on chapters that feature significant instances of adult material but take it as a given that most chapters will feature some level of not-safe-for-young-folks stuff. If that's not your cup of tea, then thank you for at least checking out my story, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

This story will include:

Adult language – My characters swear. A lot. Sorry!

Sexual situations – This book is a romance, and it will feature scenes of characters having sex. I'll tag these if you would rather skip them.

Tropes:

I like playing around with werewolf lore and what I use might vary from story to story. I will do my best to make these differences clear in the text, but I also wanted to provide a list so you can see at a glance what kind of werewolves I will be writing about.

This story will include:

Destined mates – There's a lot of fun and interesting story tension that can be wrung out of the whole, "there's someone out there that you are destined to be with" concept, and I want to play with it!

Alphas – There are several avenues for someone to become the leader of a werewolf pack, and once someone has achieved that role, they are called an "Alpha".

Rogues – Werewolves who live outside of a pack are called "Rogues". Sometimes they're violent assholes, sometimes they're just people who have had some serious bad luck, and sometimes they're normal folks who would rather live independently.

Masquerade – In this story, werewolf society is hidden from humans, and werewolves are bound by laws that compel them to uphold this masquerade.

This story will NOT include:

Claiming bites – Walking around with visible bite marks doesn't exactly work with my whole "hidden werewolf society" story world.

Rejection – As far as the characters in this story are aware, they are not able to reject their destined mates.

Omegas – I'm sorry, I understand that this is a popular trope, but I'm just not comfortable with the idea of one group of people being in a set underclass of werewolf society. It's not my jam.

Inherited titles – Similar to the last point, I'm not comfortable with a society where leadership roles are hereditary. Sorry!

Mind-linking – I get the purpose of enabling werewolves to telepathically communicate with each other, but I'm choosing to not include that as a part of my worldbuilding.

Other:

Just a couple random items that I wanted to touch on before we get to the story proper.

Faceclaims: I do base the appearance of my main characters on famous people – it helps me to describe them and to imagine story interactions if I have an actual person to visualize. That said, I don't think I will be sharing these faceclaims. I'll be honest – my taste is really basic, and it's kind of embarrassing.

Music: Here's the thing – getting into my musical taste is like dumpster diving. Sure, you'll find some good stuff, but it's mostly trash. Accordingly, I will not be linking music for my chapters. However, if you would like to suggest a song to accompany a particular chapter, please leave a comment!

Wattpad Exclusive: If you're reading this story anywhere but Wattpad, you're supporting piracy - and not the fun swashbuckling kind. If you read this on Wattpad you get to add your comments to the story, vote, interact with me and other readers!  J O I N   U S ! 

Shameless Self-Promotion: If you enjoy this story, please consider checking out my other projects, One Night In Vegas and I'm the Alpha's Crush

Cover Photo: Photo by Andrew Wise on Unsplash

Thank you for taking the time to check this out! I hope you enjoy the story!