Chapter 21

Dwayne hefted the cooler into one arm, digging his keys out of his pocket before handing them to the waiting valet.

I cocked an eyebrow as I watched him. "You know I could help you with that, right?"

"And damage my fragile masculinity?" he joked, "Never."

Shaking my head, I followed him through the bellhop-opened door.

As I glanced down, I paused to appreciate the flexing of his ass beneath his jeans. Biting my lip, I reminded myself that I was mere minutes away from getting my hands on those perfectly-sculpted cheeks...

"Stop it." Dwayne muttered, for my ears only.

"Make me." I countered, feeling saucy.

Glancing over his shoulder, he glared at me. There was a playful glint in his eyes that had my heart racing.

"Come on."

He led the way, stopping at the door to juggle the cooler and dig out his keycard.

"You're being asinine."

There was a little electronic sound, and Dwayne pushed the door open, "I've had just about enough of your lip, missy."

Walking past him, I teased, "Not yet."

Inside, Dwayne let the door shut behind us.

I had expected him to press me up against the nearest wall and make use of my smart mouth, but instead he set the cooler down by the breakfast nook and went to sit on the sofa.

Puzzled, I dropped my purse on the floor and followed, stopping to stand before him with my arms crossed.

"Masterful seduction, sir. How could I possibly resist?"

Dwayne stretched out, laying his arms against the back of the couch. "Here's the thing. Somebody made me promise to be on my best behavior today. And I'm trying to get her to trust me, so I'm going to keep that promise-" He met my gaze, challenging me, "Until she releases me from it."

Is – he's playing a game with me?

Intrigued, I stepped forward, "Am I bound by this 'best behavior' promise?"

"No."

"So," I began, mind thrilling at the possibilities, "you're giving me carte blanche? I can do whatever?"

"Correct."

Standing between his legs, I reached forward and tipped his chin up with my fingers. "And you're not going to touch me? Not until I give you permission?"

His eyes burned into mine. "Correct."

My lips quirked up in a half smile. "And you think you can keep that promise?"

"There are some caveats."

"Caveats?"

"We'll cover those if we have to. In the meantime, I think you mentioned something about licking my tattoos?" He smirked,

I let my fingers caress his cheek, feeling my heart pounding, feeling the giddy haze of lust overtaking my thoughts.

I could do anything?

I almost giggled with perverted delight.

Giving in to my most basic urge, I moved to straddle him, my legs bracketing his, and pulled his head back by his hair, exposing his neck.

His hands gripped the sofa, but a throaty sound of encouragement spurred me on.

Drawing my head down, I ran the tip of my nose along the curve of his throat, drinking in his scent.