Limelight

~~Foreword~~

Limelight is a novel that speaks to the power of vulnerability in whatever form it takes. It is a revealing piece of fiction that allows its readers' deep introspection and understanding of the trauma we suppress because we all do. Only then will we be able to reach our full potential.

Never forget.

~~Description~~

Upon arriving in New York City, escaping her nightmarish hell, Aaliyah Victors reinvents herself after learning about her mysterious past to pursue her lifelong dream as a musical performer and take the entire world by storm. However, getting into the limelight is not as easy as she had first hoped.

Between having almost no money, no place to live, and no one to turn to in a brand new city, Aaliyah found herself basically stranded and hopeless until Malcolm Waters, a big-time producer for one of the biggest record labels in the world, Soul Fusion, took her in and gave her hope that maybe things won't turn out so bad.

Though nothing in this business comes easy, with the help and support of her newfound friends and her budding romance with her songwriting partner and multi-talented artist Xavier Adams, Aaliyah can fulfill her dream of becoming an adored performer that belongs in the limelight.

~~Acknowledgement~~

Firstly, I would like to thank the readers for taking the time to read my book. You guys have no idea how much it means to me to know that so many people are reading my books and I appreciate it. Big time. I also want to thank my main inspiration in reading and writing and the core reason behind my finding love for books, Cassandra Clare. All her book series from the Shadowhunter Chronicles play a big part in my writing style and the types of books I write, because urban fantasy and Young Adult Fiction had grown to be a favorite of mine and I learned that it is so much you can learn from these genres. So much that could mean little to one person, but the world to another. I had always been the latter when it came to the Shadowhunter Chronicles so I want to thank Clare for that reason.

I would also like to thank my inspirations for the music and artistry discussed in my novel. Music has been a fundamental part of my life, and I truly enjoyed being able to include that love in it by discussing music in all its forms and highlighting how powerful and world-shifting it allows a message to be. I particularly want to pay my respects to the late Tupac Shakur and Edith Piaf and artists I believe are just as influential in the lives of my characters outside of just music such as Lauryn Hill, Harry Styles, Stevie Wonder, and of course Beyoncé.

I finally want to thank my family for encouraging me to write and enjoy it. They continuously show support and love and it means a lot to me and I love them for it, along with several other reasons, so I want to thank them again.

Thank you for taking the time to read my book and you won't be disappointed.

~~Disclaimer~~

Limelight is a novel created from the Author's own imagination, therefore everything is FICTION. This includes the plot, characters, setting, et cetera, however, it may include some of her personal opinions and ideas that are voiced through the created characters.

To warn you, no ill intent is meant in this story and should not be taken seriously, if any of the content is taken to heart negatively, do not hold against the author. This is a warning.

~~Warning~~

This story may contain mild language, sexual references and scenes, and strong violence.

This book should not be read by anyone unsuitable for the following above.

The author is welcome to all constructive criticism in the comments, but any form of verbally abusive assaults will not be tolerated under ANY circumstance and whoever goes against this warning would be immediately reported to Wattpad.

Thank you.

~~Copyright~~

Copyright © 2021Toluwa1204/Fehintoluwa Oluwa. All rights reserved. No parts of this work's content may be reproduced, copied, modified, or adapted without the proper authorization and consent by the author before the acts said now.

Thank you.