Chapter Twenty-Four

~~Opening Up~~

***

NEW YORK MUSIC GOSSIP DAILY

Written by chief editor Callie Green

Two weeks into the New Year and Lia Garcia is of course out here to make a statement to the whole world that she clearly is not out here to play. Upon her second release four walls, and her remix of hidden, which was a collaborative effort with her, Xavier Adams, and rising YouTuber Cassie Jones, who had made an amateur remix of hidden for her YouTube channel. 

          Lia has yet again smashed expectations yet again with her new releases, hidden, hidden (remix) and four walls making the top ten on the Billboard charts, with four walls at number five and hidden at number one! It's an incredible feat for such a young and new artist to make such an impact in the industry in such a small amount of time. It's almost unheard of.

          In an interview with one of our top reporters, Lia admitted that she is just as stunned at how widely received she's been since her first appearance on Madison Strong's cursing and I couldn't gush more about how adorable her humility is! And watching her guest appearances on several talk shows since the new year has been a testament to that side of her as well. She is truly a gift to the music industry.

          Although despite her obvious strengths, some things about her life still remain a mystery, especially her life before her rise to stardom. She had revealed that she was from the West Coast, San Diego to be exact which makes sense given her peaceful nature, she also admitted to being an adopted child from birth, and the poor circumstances surrounding her arrival in the city, in which rumors had been spun that Lia was essentially homeless before Malcolm Waters opened his home to her, but nothing more than that. It begs the question if there's a reason for her hiding her old life from the public, maybe something a little dark for the West Coast.

          On top of the piling mysteries surrounding Lia Garcia, also comes with her absence from Buchanan High School's highly esteemed Winter Showcase in which top members of the art and media industries would observe allowing aspiring Seniors to make a name for themselves in their industry, and Lia had been expected to lead her classmates in their performance of their revised version of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, which had of course been amazing, but only because at the last minute Madison Strong had stepped in Lia's place and gave a mindblowing performance that no one could have anticipated. And as wonderful as it had been, it did leave a lot of questions stirring amongst the audience and TV watchers about Lia's disappearance which she hadn't been very open about since then.

          Lia Garcia has proven over and over again that she is a girl of high character and talent, but that appears to be all we know about her. Are there things beneath the surface she is adamant in keeping in the dark?

          It's been real with y'all.

***

"Who cares if people are speculating?" Aaliyah outraged at the increasingly frustrating room of stoic board members, staring at Uriah directly who had read out Callie's most recent column on her gossip site from his iPad staring at her evenly, though Aaliyah was sure he was smiling at her expense on the inside, "Why would that affect my image? Nothing they could come up with would stick anyway."

          "The media is a funny place, Aaliyah. You wouldn't believe what people can make stick with the right photo or enough digging," Uriah replied in a low voice, "And if you refuse to open up conspirators could make you look very bad in the public."