Author's Note

Oh damn, did I finish this book?

Writing and finally publishing this book has been such a long time coming, especially since it's such an old idea. Like I was barely fifteen when the idea for this book came to mind, and now I'm nineteen about to turn twenty, such a long time has passed, so many days and nights where I was ready to give up on it, times I actually did come to give up. I suppose I have lockdown to thank for actually getting me back to my writing.

I've done all my thank yous in my acknowledgments, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to let the people who I'm thankful to know yet again just how grateful I am that they're in my life. My mother and my sisters, who've always been there for me, who's encouraged me, and all that good stuff. My novel inspirations obviously, Cassandra Clare, the author that got me into reading and writing, to begin with, the author who inspired my writing style, and the type of characters I love to create. I would also like to thank Wattpad themselves for providing me the platform to express my thoughts in the way I know best, and for also giving others the platform to inspire and bring an entire community of people together.

I guess the real reason for this note is to let you all know that this isn't the end of Aaliyah's story, and you have more to see of her and Xavier and Blair, and in so much more detail. Because one thing I would love to do, is to look more deeply into the lives of these characters, I love them so much it's only fair I give them the chance to share who they are.

I am in the process of writing the sequel to Limelight!

I am also in the process of writing a few bonus chapters for this book too! Parts I wish I was able to write into the story, and can't bear not letting you see them too.

Anyway, it's been a long ride, and I hope that you loved this book as much as I do! I love you all. Be easy!