𝟎𝟏|pogues in summer

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

"You're gonna fall to your death. You know that, right?"

Callie watched as John B walked to the edge of the roof's ridge with a beer in his hand. He lifted one foot, holding his Converse over the edge and his arms spread slightly to help him to maintain his balance.

After spending the morning on the boat, the Pogues made their way to a house construction site down on Figure Eight. They hung out there for the afternoon drinking beers, laughing, and just having a good time together.

Figure Eight was the side of the island where the richer residents of the Outer Banks lived, commonly referred to as the Kooks. It was the side where the boats were big and their houses even bigger.

School was out and the Pogues planned to live up their summer as much as humanly possible. When they weren't out on the HMS Pogue or at the beach trying to catch the best waves, they'd be hanging out at the Chateau, enjoying their freedom.

At least, that had been the original plan.

"That's what, a three-storey fall to the deck?" Pope asked from the deck, closing one eye to measure it.

Callie squinted as she sized it up from her spot on the scaffolding, nodding, "More or less."

"I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival," Pope told John B, raising one finger.

The boy hummed to himself, sticking his finger in his mouth before holding it out as if to measure the wind speed. He raised his brows as he looked around at his friends for their opinions, "Should I do it?"

"Yeah, you should jump," Pope replied, picking up an electric drill left behind by the builders, and aiming it at John B as if it were a gun. "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?"
John B made a finger gun and pointed it at Pope, making a 'pew' sound as he pretended to shoot his friend.

"What do you think it'll be this time?" JJ asked as he turned to Callie who was sitting beside him on the scaffolding. "Broken arm or broken leg?"

Callie thought for a moment, assessing her options as she took a swig out of the can of beer in her hand. "It was arm last time, right?"

"Wrist, but close enough," JJ shrugged.

The girl gave the height a once-over before nodding, "Alright, I'm gonna go with broken leg then. How much this time?"

"Ten bucks," JJ challenged.
Callie held a hand out and the two shook on it rather childishly, turning back to see how it would play out.