𝟏𝟏|full kook

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

Later that night the Pogues found themselves sitting out on the dock outside the Chateau. John B was sitting up on the wooden railing at the end staring out across the water. Callie felt awful for him. He had had faith this entire time that his dad was still out there, and that recording more than ripped that away from him.

She sat braiding some of the long grass that had grown between the planks of wood, listening to Kie pluck at a ukulele. Thunder rumbled in the distance and birds called from the water, the natural sounds of the Outer Banks like gentle music in the background.

"How much was it again?" JJ asked quietly from across the dock.

"Four hundred mil," Pope answered.

There was a moment of silence as the realisation washed over them. They had a map leading them to four hundred million dollars. If they did manage to find it, this would change all of their lives forever.

JJ nodded, "All right, let's talk splits. Now, before we say 'evenly,' may I remind you that I am the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers who were after us."
The blonde then held up the gun he had become far too attached to. "Protection? Not cheap, okay?"

Callie dropped the blades of grass before turning to the boy. "JJ, I wouldn't even trust you with a Nerf gun, let alone a real gun."

"Why the hell not?" he asked, offended.

"Why?" The girl's brows raised, "You literally pointed it at Pope like an hour ago when he was just stuck to a fence."

"I was thinking practically."

"You were thinking stupidly," Kiara countered.

"You haven't trained, either," Pope tacked on. "You've done zero training."

"YouTube, bro!" JJ shrugged. "That's at least a five per cent bump right there. Any objections? Didn't think so."

Kie raised a hand, followed by Callie who nodded. "I object so strongly."

"Yeah, me too," Pope agreed.

The blond ignored them all, pretending to listen. "I don't hear any, so. . ."

Deciding to just bypass the boy's comments, Kie looked over to Pope. "What are you gonna do with your eighty mil, Pope?"

The boy thought for a moment, putting real consideration into his answer. "Pay for college in advance. And also, textbooks. Those are expensive."

"How about you, Kie?" JJ asked.

"Yeah, what does a socialist do when she's rich?"

Kie laughed, smiling to herself. "I just wanna make a double album. About OBX, the Pogues. You know, the way Catch a Fire is about Kingston. Record it at Marley Studio, Peter Tosh producing."