𝟏𝟓|target practice

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

Most of the afternoon had consisted of JJ and Callie sitting around just hanging out. They had some drinks and shared JJ's Juul, more than happy to just be in each other's company. Even with all of the outright flirting - which they both claimed was just them joking around - it wasn't weird between them. 

Callie wasn't sure what would happen if the flirting was no longer just them playing around. Part of her was curious, but then there were days like today when she could barely breathe because of how much she was laughing which made her not want to find out. Losing JJ was the last thing she wanted.

"You said that and you really thought she would still sleep with you?" the girl exclaimed, tears in her eyes from laughing so hard.

JJ had just been telling her about a girl he'd been hitting on the night of their kegger at the boneyard. The boy had gotten a bit cocky and said something which the blonde girl had apparently found distasteful, leaving him on his own. Not that it would have led to anything considering how that night had ended, however.

JJ tried not to laugh as he held his hands up defensively, "Hey, it seemed like a good line at the time."

Callie wiped her eyes, shaking her head, "JJ, trust me when I tell you that saying that to a girl is never going to work for you."

"No shit, I learnt that the hard way," he responded, rolling his eyes. "So, what should I say then, oh wise one?"

The girl's laughter softened a bit as she met his gaze, shrugging her shoulders. "It's not always what you say that's the issue, JJ. Sometimes, you just talk too much. Maybe try listening."

JJ leaned back on the couch they were sitting on out on the veranda, his eyes narrowing at the girl for a moment. "Where'd you get that from?" he scoffed. "A fortune cookie?"

"Nope, read it in a book," the girl laughed, taking a drag from the Juul.

The boy laughed, shaking his head at the girl beside him, "Of course, you did. You know, I'm starting to think you're not as smart as you try to make us all think, you just repeat things from books to make yourself look good."

Callie's eyes widened as she leaned in towards him, whispering, "Oh, my god, you figured it out. You're a genius. How'd you do that? I thought I hid it so well."

"Shut up," JJ laughed, pushing her away from him lightly.

The girl fell back down onto the couch in a small fit of laughter. Dragging herself back into a sitting position, she coughed a bit to clear up her laughter, pushing her hair away from her face. "Just a heads up, the book thing; that's another thing you should only say to a girl if you plan to never have a chance with her."