𝟎𝟑|risky behaviour

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

The Pogues had gone directly to the coast guard just like Kiara had suggested, John B and JJ heading in to tell them about the boat the group had found. Unfortunately, they came back not long after, receiving no help from the guards. Callie wasn't all that surprised, given it was the day after a hurricane and ninety per cent of the island had something that they were struggling with.

"So, now what?" Pope asked.

Callie held a hand up, "Can we go with my plan now?"

"I'm with Callie," John B nodded, holding up the key. "We're gonna find the guy who owns that boat."

The girl found herself smiling at her friend's response. Even if her ideas were farfetched or seemingly crazy, she could always trust John B or JJ to have her back.
Mainly because their ideas were usually just as crazy.

Pope was quick to disagree, "We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone."

JJ took the key from John B before tossing it to Kiara, "I'm in."

The girl caught the key with a smile, nodding as she looked over at Pope. "Come on. We'll be lookout."

"It's not like you'll lose your scholarship over this," Callie said as she patted him on the shoulder, heading back to the HMS Pogue with the others.

John B shrugged, "At least you'll only be an accomplice."

The boy sighed, still rather opposed to the idea, but followed his friends down the dock either way. They made their way along the banks, finding themselves in front of 'the Summer Winds Motel'.

Just like the rest of Kilare Island, the motel had been hit quite hard by the hurricane. The sign had fallen along with the majority of the trees. A number of mattresses from rooms had also been moved out and stacked in a pile on the overgrown front lawn, most likely waterlogged.

JJ whistled rather low as it came into view. "I thought the Chateau looked bad."

"This place is a shitshow," John B muttered.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie questioned.

Callie scoffed, "Both? Neither?"

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stay," John B pointed out as JJ got to his feet and went to the front of the boat, anchor in hand.