𝟒𝟖|crushed

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

As they pulled up to the school, Pope hit the brake a bit harder than intended. JJ, who was still asleep, tumbled forward and went face-first into the back of the passenger seat where Callie was sitting. The girl looked over the seat to see that the boy was somehow still asleep.

"Come on, let's go," Pope sighed as he exited the car just as the school bell rang.

Callie got out of the front seat and went around to the side, opening up the door. Grabbing JJ by the jacket, she started to drag him out of the van. "C'mon, we got a test to get to."

The boy groaned as he tried to remain in the Twinkie. "But I don't wanna," he whined childishly.

"Well, that's a bit too bad, baby," she responded.  

This made JJ open his eyes, the boy looking over at her rather suggestively. Callie rolled her eyes before letting go of his shirt, watching as he fell out of the car.

"Ow," he grumbled before climbing to his feet.

"Come on, pretty boy," she chuckled, before walking away to catch up with Pope and John B.

JJ smirked, shaking his head as he followed after her. They went into school as a group, getting their books and heading to their maths class. They sat at the back of the room, not wanting to give their classmates an easy way to stare at them throughout the class.

"Glad you could join us, Mr Routledge," their teacher told John B as she made her way towards their desks, placing down test papers as she went.

"It's good to be back," he nodded.

"Just in time for your first quiz."

John B looked at the paper before shooting an accusatory glare in Pope's direction. "A test?"

"I told you we had a test this morning," Pope stated firmly, turning to Callie. "Didn't I tell him?"

"He told you," she nodded in agreement. "Geometry. It was, like, the first thing that he said."

JJ glared at them both, having been half asleep when he had received this information. Part of him had hoped that it had just been a nightmare but there the test was.

"See," Pope said pointedly.

The teacher cleared her throat from the front of the room, letting them know that she was waiting for everyone to listen so that she could start the test. Callie turned away from her friends and looked down at the paper. Thankfully, maths was something that she was good at, so she didn't feel entirely unprepared.

As she wrote her name at the top of the paper, she could see a girl in their class handing John B a piece of paper. He opened it and read it before looking at her, the girl giving him a suggestive look. Callie sighed, hoping that John B wasn't about to do something that would ruin his relationship with Sarah.