"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒖𝒑?" - 𝑰𝑽

Today at school, things went a little bit better. I was still getting dirty looks and weird stares from my ex friends. I got detention for slapping Lisa yesterday. No regrets. 

I was sitting in detention, I needed to stay here until 5:30. School normally ended at three o'clock and right now it was 4:45. I told Ponyboy to walk home without me, and I'll walk home myself. 

I sat in the classroom, Mrs. Wood was at her desk, doing God knows what, and I just sat there, watching the minutes go by. 

I kinda wish I was at home. With Ponyboy and the gang. I exhaled deeply. I was bored. Mrs. Wood wouldn't let me do my homework or even read a book.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked.

"No."

"Its an emergency." 

"Hold it."

"Do you want me to bleed on your seats?" I asked. Her head shot up. "That's what I thought." I said, and got up, walking outside the classroom, down the hall to the bathrooms.

I always had an attitude towards Mrs. Wood, and she didn't like it. But do I care? No. I wasn't actually on my period, and I didn't actually need to use the bathroom. But I was so bored in that classroom, that I need to get out of there. Even if it was only five minutes.

I did a lap around the school before I started to head back. 

I got back in the classroom and sat at my desk a little longer. I looked at the clock; 4:58. I started to drum my fingers on the desk.

"Stop that. Its distracting me." Mrs. Wood said.

"Distracting you from what? Playing Sudoku?" I sassed.

"Delaina, do you want another detention tomorrow?"

"No thanks. I'm busy."

She sighed. "Just get out. I can't deal with you anymore." And that my friends, is how you get out of detention early. I smirked as I stood up, put on my jacket, grabbed my bag. Thank God tomorrow is Friday.

"See you tomorrow, Mrs. Wood." I said, while walking out of the room.

I walked outside of the building. The sun was gonna set soon. It sets early here in the winter. 

I was almost home when I about decided I should have told Ponyboy to wait for me, or at least call someone to pick me up. I heard the engine of a Mustang. I should've called Darry or Steve to come pick me up, they would've if I asked.

I shoved my hands in my jacket pockets and started walking faster, hoping to get away.

The car pulled up beside me and the windows rolled down. "Hey girly need a ride?" One asked. He sounded nice, not gonna lie, but I knew better than to trust a stranger in a fancy car.

I just ignored them and kept walking.

"Hey! You answer us when we talk to you!" 

It was cold outside, but I was sweating buckets. I started getting scared, but I would never show it and let them get the satisfaction of knowing it. 

I knew that if God forbid they got out of their car, I could put up a good fight. I used to do karate, I got to brown belt and I kinda gave up. Well, I didn't actually quit, I just never showed up in a year and a half.

The car suddenly came to a stop and three socs got out. I just kept my head down, and continued walking. 

One of them grabbed me by the arm and turned me around to face them.