"𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏-𝒖𝒑." - 𝑿

"Hey guys, wake up, man." I heard someone say while shaking me. "Guys, c'mon." I realized it was Johnny shaking me awake.

"What time is it?" Ponyboy asked.

"I don't know I fell asleep too." Johnny said.

"Fuck, Darry is gonna kill us." I said pulling Ponyboy off the ground.

"Johnnycake, you comin'?" I asked.

"Nah, s'alright. I'm gonna stay out here tonight." Johnny said.

"Alright, c'mon let's go Pony." I grabbed his hand and we started walking back home. 

"What's Darry gonna say?" Ponyboy said.

"I don't know, maybe he's asleep?" I said.

"I sure hope so." He mumbled. 

We finally made it home, both of us scared to go inside. The porch light was on so there was a high chance that Darry was awake.

I peeked in through the window and I saw Darry, sitting in the arm chair reading the paper and Sodapop sprawled out on the couch. 

I took a deep breath, grabbed Ponyboy's hand and walked in. As soon as we stepped foot into the house, Darry shot up from his seat.

"Where the hell have you two been? Do you know what time it is?" Darry asked. Neither of us said anything. "Well its two o'clock in the morning."

"Hey guys, where ya been?" Sodapop asked from the couch, finally waking up.

"We fell asleep in the lot." Ponyboy said, walking over to the stairs, dragging me with him.

"You what?" Darry asked.

"We was talking to Johnny and we fell asleep in the lot. We didn't mean to." Ponyboy repeated, starting to go up the steps.

"Yeah? Hey, and I can't even call the cops because you three will be thrown in a home so fast it'll make your heads spin." 

"C'mon Pony, lets go to bed now." Soda said, walking over to Ponyboy.

"And you," Darry pointed his finger at me. "I had thought you knew a lot better than that." 

I just stood there like a bump on a long while Darry yelled at as. I don't think I've ever seen him this mad. 

"Look, we said we didn't mean to." Ponyboy said. 

"'I didn't mean to', 'I forgot', that's all I ever hear from you!" Darry yelled at Ponyboy.

"C'mon Darry he-" I started but got cut off by Darry, "Shut up! I'm sick and tired of you sticking up for him you hear me?" Darry yelled.

"Don't you yell at her!" Ponyboy hollered at Darry. What I saw next, was what I least expected. Darry reeled around slapped Ponyboy across the face so hard he stumbled back. 

Darry looked at his hand as if he was shocked at what he did. Ponyboy suddenly booked it towards the door. 

"Ponyboy! Ponyboy I'm sorry I didn't mean to!" Darry called after to him. But it was too late. Ponyboy was already out the door and halfway down the block.

Me, Sodapop and Darry all ran out onto the porch just in time to see Ponyboy round the corner and disappear into the night.

"Darry what the hell was that?" I scolded him. 

"I-I-I just-" I cut him off. "No, I don't wanna hear it." I said and stormed off towards the stairs. "Goodnight." I said and slammed my bedroom door. 

I was just about to get into bed when there was a light knock on the door. I sighed and went to open my door, it was Sodapop. He looked worried and slightly frightened.