"𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆." - 𝑿𝑽

Today was the day of the court hearing. We were all a nervous wreck, especially Ponyboy.

I was in the bathroom, brushing my hair. Ponyboy was silently watching me as I styled it. 

I left the bathroom and went to my room to put on earrings, Ponyboy followed me. 

"Ponyboy, why do you keep following me around all day?" I asked.

"Well, what if can't see you no more?" He asked. 

"Ponyboy, don't say that. We'll all be fine. The court won't split us up. We'll stay together, I promise." I said. 

"You better be right." He said.

I opened my arms and he came to hug me. "I'm always right." I said. 

"I know you are." 

We had all dressed in nice clothing for court. I had put on a navy blue skirt that had a floral pattern on it, it went to just above my knees. I had pared it with one of my only blouses. I put on gold hoop earrings and black heels that were maybe two inches high, otherwise I'd break my neck.

Ponyboy was wearing Sodapop's old dress pants and a white button shirt. 

When we got to the court, Ponyboy had to sit up front with the defender. The rest of the gang sat in the pews behind them. 

There weren't many people here, just the gang, Randy and his parents, Cherry and her parents and a few other socs that were involved that night.

First Randy was questioned. Then the other socs and finally Cherry. All the socs mainly stuck to the same story. They jumped Pony and Johnny, tried to drown Ponyboy, and Johnny stabbed Bob.

Cherry told them what happened before and after Pony and Johnny had gotten jumped. I'm pretty sure I saw a few tears slide down her cheeks. 

The judge asked Darry and Soda a little bit about Dally, I think to check our background and find out what kind of guys we hung out with. 

Was he a real good buddy of ours? Darry said, "Yes, sir." looking straight at the judge, not flinching. But Soda looked at Ponyboy like he was sentencing him to the electric chair before he gave the same answer. I wasn't really a part of it accept when the judge asked if I was fine living Darry, Soda and Pony, to which I answered 'yes'. 

The judge didn't ask Ponyboy much about killing Bob. He asked if he liked living with Darry, what kind of grades me made, and other stuff like that. 

Before the hearing, the doctor had a long talk with the judge. I wasn't too sure why, but then I figured it out. Ponyboy must've been scared shitless. At one point, the judge smiled at him and told him to quit chewing on his finger nails. 

I rolled my eyes at that part because I told Ponyboy so many times not to do that. 

Then he said Ponyboy was acquitted and the whole case was closed. Just like that.

We all jumped up and cheered. We were able to stay together. 

I was the first person Ponyboy came up to. He wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. He pulled away from our hug and kissed me.

On.

The.

Lips.

It wasn't just a peck like we've done a few times, it was a full on kiss. 

He pulled away and hugged me again. 

"You were right!" He said.

"Was I ever wrong?" I asked.