"𝑯𝒆𝒚, 𝑰 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑫𝒂𝒍'." - 𝑰𝑿

~ One month later, around mid September ~

I sat at the DX counter, bored out of my mind. Ponyboy had went to the movies, and I didn't feel like coming. Johnny was out somewhere. Dally was in the cooler and Darry was working and so I was staying with Soda and Steve watching them work.

"You look bored Delaina." Steve said. 

"Maybe because I am." I said. 

"Hey guys, what's up?" I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw Johnny and Dally walking in.

"The sky." I said and turned back around.

"Smart ass." Dally muttered.

"Thought you were in the cooler?" I asked. Dally had recently went to jail for getting caught while shop lifting.

"Got out early. Good behavior."

Me, Dally and Johnny were engaged in our little conversation outside by the gas pumps, when we all heard someone scream. It was like a cry for help.

"Soda, Darry! Anyone! Help!" The voice screamed again. Its sounded like Ponyboy.

We all started running towards the noise. 

As we got closer, we heard other voices as well.

"Shut him up, for Pete's sake, shut him up!"

"Hey get off him." Dally shouted to the socs.

They all instantly got up and started to get back into their car. 

Two-Bit, Steve, Soda, and Dally started trying to wrestle the socs to the ground and pulling them out of their car windows. The socs managed to drive off and Steve and Dally were throwing sticks and rocks at their car. 

Darry was shaking Ponyboy like crazy.

"They didn't hurt you too bad, did they?" 

"Yeah, I'm okay. Quit shaking me Darry. I'm okay." Ponyboy said. 

"Hey, hey, what happened?" I asked Ponyboy, kneeling beside him. 

"I was walkin' home from the movies..." He said.

"Hey Pony." Soda said. "They pull a blade on you?" He asked. That's when I noticed the side of Ponyboy's neck was bleeding. 

"Yeah..." Ponyboy said. Its looked like he was gonna cry, and honestly, I wasn't gonna blame him. 

"They ain't gonna hurt you no more." Sodapop reassured him.

"Walking home by yourself? You don't ever think." Darry said.

"All I did was walk home from the movies." Ponyboy defended him self.

"Movies and books, movies and books." Darry said, shaking his head with a sigh. "You know, I'd wish you'd just concentrate on something else once and a while." Darry continued to complain.

"Why don't you concentrate on girls and cars? Works for me." Sodapop said.

"If you had to have gone by yourself, you should've carried a blade." Darry said.

"Oh yeah, that would've been a good excuse for the socs to cut his neck a little more." Sodapop said.

"Hey, if I wanted my kid brother to tell me what to do with my other kid brother, I'll ask you, alright - kid brother." Darry said and angrily stormed off.

"Gee, why does he always gotta be like that?" Ponyboy asked.

"Hes just got a lot more worries than he used to." I said.