"𝑨𝒏𝒚 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒃𝒕𝒍𝒆?" - 𝑽𝑰

*actual conversation between me and my friend about five months ago.
My friend is 'Satans_Bitch' (idfk lol) and I'm "sxbrinx'. The image at the top
 was a screenshot from a preference book. (Sorry I don't remember which one)

Today was Sunday, Sodapop and Darry were at work. I woke up a bit later than usual; nine o'clock. I usually wake up at eight, but I slept in today. 

I went down stairs and no one was there, Ponyboy must've still been sleeping. 

I started to make myself breakfast, when I heard footsteps come into the kitchen. I turned around, and there sat Ponyboy, at the kitchen table with his head in his hands.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said, he sounded sad.

"Don't lie to me." I said.

"I'm not lying."

"I've been you're best friend forever, I think I would know when your lying to me." I said. "So tell me, what's wrong?" I asked going over to him.

"No." 

I walked over to where he was sitting at the table, and sat down in the chair next to him.

"Look at me." I said.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled, standing up and facing me. His hair was a mess, and his eyes were red and puffy.

I looked at him confused. "What's wrong?" I asked softly, stepping closer to him.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He whispered, wiping a tear that was rolling down his face, only for more to fall. 

I wrapped my arms around him, and he did the same to me. "You can tell me anything, you know that, right?" I said.

"I know..." He said, just barely above a whisper.

"But if you don't wanna talk abo-" I started but he cut me off. "I do wanna talk about it. I'm sorry for snapping at you. I just- I miss my parents." He said, crying harder on my shoulder. "How do you do it?"

"Do what?" I asked.

"Either you're not sad at all, or you're just too good at hiding it."

"Ponyboy, I think about it all the time, and I get sad every time I think about it. Yeah, my mother treated me like a piece of shit, but it doesn't mean I don't miss her and didn't love her. And I try to hide it - Darry does too - because, we want to try to stay strong and try to be there for you, and Sodapop, but it doesn't mean its not hard for us too."

"I'm sorry." He said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For thinking you didn't care, for you having to be the one to comfort me when I should be doing this for you, for yelling at you - I didn't mean to." He said looking at me in the eyes. 

"Hey, its okay. We all feel sad sometimes. Its normal." I said, hugging him again. 

"Thanks." He said, but it came out muffled because his face was buried in my neck.

I giggled, "No problem."

He let go of me and I continued making breakfast. The toast was cold now, but I guess that's what happens when someone has a mental-breakdown at nine-seventeen in the fucking morning. (Please don't come for me, It's a joke. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm sorry if I offended you).

We finished eating breakfast and I washed the dishes. Darry and Soda couldn't wash their own God damn dishes, so I had to wash those ones too.

"What d'ya wanna do?" I asked Ponyboy.