"𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕, 𝑺𝒐𝒅𝒂." - 𝑽

The rest of the week went by as normal. Hanging out with the gang, socs being their snobbish selves, Darry and Ponyboy getting into arguments.

When ever Darry and Ponyboy do get into disagreements, I usually side with Pony, because I understand what he feels. Sometimes me and Darry get into our little disagreements and bicker for five minutes or so.

But when him and Ponyboy end their fights, it usually ends up in Ponyboy talking shit about Darry to me. I just sit there and listen, not really agreeing or disagreeing with him, just being a person that will listen to him.

I know that deep down, Pony and Darry love each other. They just show it in a different way. I try to tell Ponyboy but he won't listen to me. Right now was one of those times were Ponyboy is just mad and feels like talking shit.

"He doesn't understand what it feels like to be us." Ponyboy complained.

"Ponyboy, hes just got a lot of things on his mind. Raising two fourteen year olds and a sixteen year old, plus him self, it gets hard for him sometimes and its just best we leave him alone. Hes growing up a lot faster than he expected I bet." I reasoned.

"Why are you taking Darry's side? You never do that." He said, sitting up on my bed where he was previously lying down.

"I'm not taking Darry's side, nor am I taking yours. Yes, I may agree with you most of the times, but you gotta give Darry the benefit of the doubt. He has a lot on his mind right now." I said.

"I guess." He sighed. He lied back down and put his arm around me and pulled me closer.

"What would I do without you?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said.

"I don't wanna think about it." He said.

"Nor do I wanna think about life without you." I said, turning my head to face him. Our faces were incredibly close right now. If either one of us moved just a little more closer, we would be kissing.

"You're mighty pretty Delaina." He whispered, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

My face turned red bright, "T-thanks." I stuttered. "You're not so bad yourself." I smirked.

His face turned as red as mine, if not redder.

"Hey Delaina, I have to tell you something." Ponyboy said.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked.

"I really-" Ponyboy started to say but then my bedroom door swung open, it was Soda.

"Sorry, am I interrupting something?" Sodapop said once he saw us.

"No, its okay." Ponyboy said.

"Alright. Well, Ponyboy, I'm heading to bed, you coming?" Soda asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there in a minute." Ponyboy said.

Sodapop walked out and Ponyboy spoke up again, "I'll tell you later. Goodnight Delaina." Ponyboy said, sitting up on my bed.

"Goodnight Pony." I said. He started to get up but I grabbed his collar and pulled him back, kissing him on the cheek.

He smiled down at me, a blush creeping up his neck and walked out.

I went to sleep with a fuzzy feeling inside me.

~

I woke up to the feeling of something soft hitting my head, but I didn't open my eyes.

"Delaina wake up!" It was Ponyboy.

I opened one of my eyes to see Ponyboy, standing beside my bed, about to hit me with a pillow again. I closed my eye, and tried to go back to sleep.