Chapter 4 | Rivals?

The sun radiated through the curtains of my room and straight into my face,causing me to squint my eyes and groan.

I covered my eyes with a pillow and tried to desperately fall asleep again,but unfortunately the bell rang.

"Who is it this early??"I whined as I threw the pillow on the side and got off the bed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the door with a huge grimace on my face,"What do you want?"

"Easy girl~,don't murder me."

That voice...

"Taehyung?What are you doing here?! "I jumped to his arms and hugged him very tightly."Weren't you supposed to be in america for the studies?"

"Good to see you too kiddo!"Taehyung hugged me back smiling and closed his eyes to admire this beautiful reconnection between the two of us,"I returned cause a kid in our class got sick and the college closed for precautions,by the way congrats on getting your own apartment!"He pulled away from the hug and got out from his pocket a small box.

I gladly accepted his gift and opened it right away,inside there was a small golden necklace with the initial of my name in red stone."That's so beautiful,thank you taehyung!"I handed him the necklace and turned my back,removing my hair from being in the way.

Taehyung slightly opened his mouth and stared the back of my neck,a small hint of tinted red slowly appearing on his cheeks.His eyes trailed my exposed neck and found himself being mesmerized by the sight,he was so lost in his thoughts but quickly snapped back with the sound of your voice.

"Can you put this on for me please?"I innocently asked him without being aware of anything,which made him laugh."Hey!It's not funny!I can't do this by myself!"I pouted my lips and complained,but Taehyung couldn't do anything else then simply think in his head,how innocent and naive I was at times.

"Fine,I'll do it!It's not your fault you were born with short Tyrannosaurus rex hands!"He smirked and moved his hand forward to put the necklace and clip it."There you go!All done!"

I went to the mirror and checked how it looked around my neck, satisfied I walked back to the living room where Taehyung had already sat down on the couch and rested his hand in the back.

"Let me prepare you some coffee, I'll be right back."I said and went to the locked room to notify Jimin about Taehyung arrival."Jimin are you awake?"

The screen opened and Jimin showed up smiling per usual, "Good morning Y/N, what are we going to do today?" He asked curious and stretched his body since he had just woken up.

I bit my lip slightly and hesitated a bit on my words, but I finally managed to tell him, "About that...my best friend Taehyung has come to visit me so we won't be able to do anything today."

Jimin lowered his gaze dissapointed and pouted his lips, "That's not fair, I'm your friend too! I want to meet Taehyung."

Jimin meeting Taehyung? There was no way I would do that in this current moment, how would I explain to my best friend that I moved to a new apartment and I got assigned to teach a machine about love?

That's a big no-no.

Taehyung would probably cross his hands and speak with a deeper voice and be like, "There's no way you agreed to this! This is too sketchy we're leaving!!"

And trust me,I know this guys for 15 years now.He is capable to do many things and knows people I don't want to mess with.

"I'm sorry Jimin, but I can't at the moment. Taehyung just came and I don't wanna make him feel creeped out."I looked down and fumbled my thumbs as I tried to find the right words to phrase what I wanted." Another time maybe, if you don't mind?"I smiled slightly and frowned my eyebrows, worried to hear what Jimin had to say about this.

Jimin was simply staring at me with his puppy eyes, trying to make me feel bad about this but it's not like I wanted to keep him locked up here.I avoided his eyes left and right and mentally kept myself accountable.

No y/n, do not let those puppy eyes fool you!

You got it!

You stole a quick glance at jimin and felt your heart soften up, when you saw him pouting his lips and holding his hands together begging. "Please??"

That's it!

He hit me where I'm soft!

"Fine!"I sighed in defeat and pointed my finger at him,"BUT!You have to keep the screen off and look through the camera! The moment I hear you speak I'm bringing you here!"

Jimin jumped in his small digital room and threw his fists in the air excited, "Yes!!!I'll meet Taehyung, whoah whoah!" He waved his hand and danced.

I took the phone and placed it in the front pocket of my jeans, with the camera facing on the front so he could see.

"Alright!Let's go to Taeyhyung now, shall we?"I made sure everything was in place and grabbed the cups of coffee from the kitchen before going to Taehyung.

I went back to the living room and was greeted by Taehyung.

"What have I gotten myself into?"I whispered to myself as I faked a smile towards him.