Chapter 10: REAL OR FAKE ?

The muffled voices covered my ears as I regained consciousness."She is awake!"I looked squinting my eyes at the man half conscious,gathering my thoughts.

"Don't you dare harm her!"Taehyung yelled and tried to break free from the ropes he was tied with.

The guard looked at Taehyung with a smug face and kneeled in front of him, averting his attention from me to him."Easy boy~I don't wanna harm neither of you,the boss simply wants to chat with this girl over here!"He pointed at me and got offended by his comment.

I knew I wasn't in any place to complain or be a diva, but the way we were tied up against the wall with a rope and spoken was rude."Who's your boss?"I ask for confirmation.

The guard help me stand on my feet as he glimpsed at the clock next to us and simply stated,"You'll find out shortly."He lead me to the door and opened it, leaving Taehyung screaming and moving around the room to break free.

-

"Did I do anything wrong?Wasn't I supposed to teach Jimin as part of my job?"I ask the guard to find where i was wrong.

He wouldn't take me to his boss if I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary, so at least I should find what It was.

The guard still holding my arms so I wouldn't escape, titled his head and looked elsewhere to gather up his words."I honestly don't know what happened between the project and you, but it caused us a blackout. Meaning every file we had and didn't save or projects we were working on were lost. Forever."

He stopped in front of a huge black door and knocked the door twice,"I brought her."

A deep voice from the other room was heard talking to someone before stopping and replying,"The door is open!".

The guard opened the door and we both entered an office, it was very big and cozy with black shelfs and red chairs. On top of the office they were many papers scattered around and a few pictures of...

"Is that me?!"I ask and the boss who was still talking on the phone said,"Yeah everything will go as planned as promised, I have to go now I have a guest... Yeah its her.Dont worry I'll call you later,goodbye for now." He ended the call and quickly began cleaning his office, along with the pictures to put them in folders.

After he was done, he signaled the guard to lead me to a chair where I was forced to sit... Not exactly forced, but the threatening look and hand movement was enough to overpower me."Are you Jimin owner?"

The boss signaled the guard to leave us alone and closed the door,then he approached me and roamed around me in circles.

He wasn't responding to my question, he was circling around me and checking me out or at least that's what I thought based on the way he was smirking."Nice to meet you to Y/N, indeed I'm bang-pd.The creator and owner of Jimin, the ai you have at your house."He stated before continuing,"I would like to apologize with the way you were brought but I asked them to be gentle,don't worry I will scold them later."

He returned to his chair and opened a pack of cigarettes,"Want one?" He offered me a cigarette but I shook my head in denial.

I was looking around the office, many thoughts spreading in my small brain. What did I do that caused the blackout, why was the owner so polite with me?Why was I chosen for the project etc.

"I know you may be wondering about why you're here and why you were chosen, I will explain right away if thats okay with you."He opened the cigarette and breathed the smoke out of his mouth,"Jimin is an ai I created to learn human emotions, his job is to study emotions and learn to help them.Whether its happiness or sadness, anger, irony..."

I was staring him not uttering a word because I knew if I spoke it could cause trouble."His job is to be a personal assistant but for emotions. I designed him years ago and began working on his project until an error came up."

"What error?"My mouth blurted out and I quickly pressed my lips together, regretting that I had allowed my curiosity get the best of me.

"When I first ran his project on the android you're using, he stated that he wasn't an ai but a human." Bang-pd let the cigarette and crossed his arms together, "He was refusing to follow my program orders and it got so out of hand I had to shut him down."

What could he possible mean by that?

"And what does that have to do with me?"Still confused but determined to find the end of the story.

"Everything is influenced by your precense!the phone at your house wasn't supposed to be there. Jimin is a virus!A failed project!We had shut him down many years ago and yet somehow he was restarted recently, causing a major blackout on our office."I could tell he was not angry but rather disappointed, disappointed that a project of his had failed.

It didn't took a lot for me to glue the pieces together, bang-pd had a huge ego. He took pride on his work which meant if it was failing, he was also failing.

He hated failure.

"But to me, Jimin seems normal." I admitted, and it was the truth. "Jimin has being so nice to me and when I was sick he made sure I was alright I don't see anything wrong with him."

"yet!"Bang-pd interrupted me as he corrected my words,"Jimin is a virus, he knows how we feel and uses them to free him. He doesn't love us, he wants to destroy us because he hates reality."

"which is?" I raised my eyebrows ironically."Do you really think the Jimin I know is that bad? He is an ai which you programmed to understand our emotions, he is not using us he is simply doing what YOU programmed him to act."I stood from my chair and broke the ropes because I was getting annoyed by his domanor.

I slammed my hands on his desk, not caring if he would hit me or lock me and yelled"You're intimated by him, because you believe he will steal your spotlight.You are afraid just because he is acting like a human he will not pledge to your ways of 'working' and want freedom.But guess what? "I pointed my finger at his face," You made him that way, so deal with it! "

I sat back down and felt my whole body give out, what did I just do?I yelled against Jimin's owner, who knows if he will sue or even worse kill me? Fuck my mouth for not stopping.

Bang-pd eyed me with no expression on his face, before breaking the silence with a laugh."I knew you were the right person to choose, I can't believe you stood against me." He clapped his arms and proceeded to wipe his tears away.

"huh?"I furrowed my eyebrows in confused and opened my mouth.

"You're interesting, so how about we make a bet?"Bang -pd took a paper out and handed it to me,"If you're so sure about Jimin how about we test your theory?"

I caught the paper and read in huge black words, "Jimin 30 Day human project."I looked at bang pd who was silently gazing me and returned to the paper.

"The following paper is an agreement between___________and bang-pd of the bighit company,both parts agree they will gather data for the AI project and see if Jimin is ready for the world. In the following contract ________agrees she will treat Jimin as a human and prove he is not just a virus and able to function around humans normally. On the other hand bang-pd will help y/n with any economical or technical problems and watch closely.

If in 30 days, Jimin is able to interact and not 'resist' y/n. He will be launched officially.

If on the other hand Jimin's falls in love with y/n and tries to break the system he will be eliminated forever. "

"so what are you saying y/n? Are you still so confident and ready to prove me wrong?"Bang-pd smirked and all I could say in response is,

"it's on!"

I will prove bang-pd that Jimin is an AI with no errors and simply acts like he was programmed.

He is not a human nor he will resist like bang - pd says, he is not a virus.

He is a project.