Part 24

The days passed like this, in these days Vi was like his normal self with Mahi, Sakshi, dada, Sach pa and Jammy bhai but still he was not able to behave normally with the team. He was now fit and ready to play the matches again. Vi decided to make the comeback in odi so that his Mahi bhai can be there whenever he need him but deep inside he was still scared to face people. He was just feeling safe in his bhai's house cocooned under the love and warmth but now this exposure to all type of negative comments and trolls was scaring him to the core.

During the toss it took him almost everything to keep his voice steady. He was trying to be normal in front of camera but deep inside he was badly shivering. Vi won the toss and opt for ball. 

The match started and like always it was Mahi who was doing most of the captaincy but the difference was unlike earlier Vi was not hopping around him with ideas of various field placement, neither he got scolded by Mahi for acting childishly. Mahi was missing his Cheeku but he didn't wanted to force him instead he made sure Vi is near him most if the time.

As the match progressed Vi was getting comfortable on ground slowly but it was too late the change in Vi's behaviour was clearly noticed by Australian players. 

The Australian team set up the target of 320 runs. Ro and Shikh came for batting but unfortunately Shikh got bowled on the second ball itself. Vi came to bat and there started the full sledging by Australian players. Vi was trying to not to pay any heed but was failing miserably each time. Vi was not able to hit the balls. Ro could see the change in Vi behaviour. He then decided to take the strike so that Vi don't feel much stressed. 

Ro was in the dangerous form hitting all around the stadium and soon he reached on 49 runs. Vi was on the non striker end that time he heard Steven Smith saying something like

"Now the rapists are representing thier country. Great India."

Vi went on numb as in no time he remembered what Harry said

"After all our country dont need to be represented by a rapist in anything . Niether the country nor any team "

In less than a millsecond Vi remembered everysingle thing. He didn't realised when the bowler threw the ball and Ro called for run after hitting the ball. He just stood run his trance broke as he saw Ro already on half pitch. He wanted to run but it seems his knees don't have energy to run and there Ro got run out on 49. 

Getting out on 49 didn't affected Ro not even a bit he was more concerned about Vi on the other side Vi was feeling guilty. Mahi looked at Vi worriedly and went to the ground. The continuous sledging was making Vi more and more weak, it seems like his legs have don't energy and he was just few minutes away from getting panick attack. Mahi tried to calm him down but it was not helping . 

Fortunately, the rain started and game had to be stopped for some time. Mahi took Vi to the dressing room and made him sit on one of the bench. As soon Vi reached the dressing room he started gasping for air, he was sweating badly and his whole body was shivering.

Whole team was scared looking at him. Mahi bhai took him in a tight hug rubbing his back muttering sweet nothings and after few minutes Vi calmed down but still didn't broke the hug.

Vi(mumbled): I dont wanna go there again bhai I can't take it.

Mahi: ssh its okk Cheeku if u don't wanna go there none of us will force u but will u tell answer my one question?? Are they and thier talks matter so much to u Cheeku??? They matter to u more than India??

Vi broke the hug and looked at Mahi.

Mahi(cupped his face): Cheeku I know its very tough for u but tell me baccha Is my Cheeku so much weak that he will run away from those useless moron rather than fighting?? And from whom r u getting scared when u have ur team beside u to protect u???