Chapter 8

Next day:

Aby, Josh and I leave for the college. Aby has asked me sorry for more than hundred times. I don't even know why does she feel sorry for me. It wasn't any of her fault. We reach the campus and as I climb out of the car, I realize that everyone's eyes are on me. All the girls and boys around are looking at me with wide eyes.

"The whole campus knows about you and Derek", Aby says slowly. What do they know about me and Derek? Did our fight become the talk of the college? I hate this type of attention. I look down and head to my value education class as fast as possible.

I reach the class and take my usual seat. I don't want to see Derek at all. Its over. I shouldn't even be bothered about him.

"Hey", Venice says, taking her seat next to me. I wonder where had Venice been yesterday. She didn't attend any classes nor did I see her at the club. Where was she? Is everything ok with her?

"Are you ok? where have you been yesterday?", I ask and she sighs. By looking at Venice, anyone can tell that she is not ok.

"Ugh yeah I am fine. I was a bit busy yesterday", she says too quickly. "I heard about your fight with Derek in the club yesterday", She adds, looking at me.

"Sure you did", I try to smile. Venice places her hand on mine and gives me a comforting smile. There is no judgement in her eyes and I feel good about it.

"I know he can sometimes go beyond the limit. I have also had several fights with Derek and still I am unable to recover from them", Venice says and her eyes are filled with tears. There is something about Venice and Derek that I don't know. Did he hurt her? Why is she unable to recover? What did he do to her? I need these answers. Derek is popular, but he isn't a good guy.

"What did he do?", I ask Venice and she shakes her head wiping the tears. She is emotionally destroyed and I can just feel it.

"Nah nothing!", she smiles. A fake smile.

"So today we are going to discuss the topic Hate", Kenneth announces and I realize that he has already entered the room.

"You've got five minutes to write down your views", Kenneth says and everybody begins to write. Hate.. whom do I hate? Do I hate Derek? I should hate him after what he told me yesterday. But I don't want anymore attention on me so I chose to write about my hate for dogs.

After five minutes everyone puts their pens down and begins to read their points. After several discussions its Venice's turn to read. I am really curious to know what has she written. What does she hate.

Venice stands up and begins reading, "In this world full of darkness, I hate love. I hate being in love. Its that one thing that can destroy your whole world. It can shatter you into pieces and you remain broken forever."

The entire class is quiet. Professor Kenneth is looking at Venice with wide eyes. My mouth drops at her words. Everybody instantly gets to know that Venice is suffering from an heartbreak. Such a naïve' girl like Venice could be heartbroken? She is broken to such extent that now she hates love. She hates being in love, which is the world's best feeling. Who broke her heart? Who shattered her into pieces?

Venice wipes her tears and sits down. I have never seen someone in so much pain. Venice is beyond broken and I feel terrible for her. Everybody looks at her pathetically. Love can either build you or destroy you forever.

Next is my turn, I slowly stand up and look at Venice. She gives me a nod and then smiles. Who could be so cruel to her? Her adorable smile could make anyone fall in love with her easily. I shake my thoughts away and concentrate on my assignment. I turn my page and begin to read.

My hate for dogs certainly stuns everyone. The class ends sooner than I thought. My rest of the day goes on well. Derek is found no where in the college. I am happy that my classes went on without any disturbances.
.............

Its been a week since I have seen Derek. He was no where in the campus. I wonder if he is ok.

Its weekend. Aby and Josh are spending some quality time together in Josh's apartment. I don't want to interrupt their privacy and that's why I am left all alone in this apartment.

I have never been alone on any of the weekends till now. I miss my family especially my sister Jennet. I haven't received any of her calls or messages and I hope she didn't forget about my car.

I switch ON the television and watch my favorite 'Growing pains'. Its a great escape from reality and I find myself laughing out loud.

I make some pasta for dinner. Its delicious than I thought it will be. I keep the leftovers in the refrigerator and come back to the couch.

After two episodes of Growing pains, suddenly there is a knock on the door. Aby had told me that she will be out all night. The person knocks again. I stand up from the couch. Who could it possibly be?

Hesitantly, I walk towards the door and reach for the handle. My mouth drops when I see Derek standing at the other end. What the hell! Derek is in my apartment?!

Derek walks past me and sits down on the couch without a word and I close the door behind.

"What are you doing here?", I ask.

"You were missing me and I am here", Derek says looking up at me. How does he know that I was missing him? Was I really missing him?

"Growing pains sucks", he says and rolls his eyes.

"No!", I try to defend my favorite series. Why is he even here? How does he even know my address?

Please do vote and comment!
Xoxo :)