Chapter 61

The woman pushes the door and gestures me to enter. "All the best", she says and gives me her best smile.

I return her smile and enter inside the cabin. A middle aged man with beautiful green eyes is sitting behind the desk. He is dressed in a grey suit and his black hair is nearly gelled. He smiles at me and gestures to take a seat.

I immediately sit down and tug at my skirt due to nervousness. I look around the room. Many paintings are hung on the wall and uncountable trophies are placed on a desk at the corner.

"Hello Jessie. I am Bobby Royston. You can call me Bob", the man stretches his hand out and I shake his hands nervously. I cant believe that I am actually sitting in front of such a famous man.

"Well... Hi", my voice shakes. I should not be this nervous. It can ruin my impression.

"Don't be nervous. Saniola had told me about you, few days ago and I must say she is really excited to see you here", Bob says and shrugs.

"Her husband...", I begin to say, but Bobby cuts me off by nodding his head continuously.

"Danny doesn't work her. He is our vice manager, so he is always at the headquarters in Yonkers", Bobby says.

Meanwhile, a woman wearing an apron comes inside and places two cups of coffee on the desk.

"So... What program do you want to do?", Bob asks me.

"I need a job", I blurt out. Do I look like a pathetic girl who can do anything for a job? Well, I do.

Bobby laughs and points a finger at me, "I like it", he says. I try to fake a laugh, but instead a cough escapes my lips.

"Ok... So that's enough of laughing", Bob slightly pulls up his tie and continues, "Jessie, I can give you a training period for a month. You submit your designs and if our clients are impressed, then you've got the job."

"Ok.. so.. well I've got college", I say and raise an eyebrow at Bob.

"You will work here for at least four days a week. We are even open on weekends so that wouldn't be a problem for you. Right?", Bob shrugs and I nod at him. His offer is quite easy and he is more like my friend now rather than my boss.

"Ok. That would be fine. Will I get paid in my training period?", I ask, unsure and nervous.

"No. I'm sorry you will be paid only when you get the job", Bob says.

"An internship maybe?", I stand up from my chair and lean against the desk. The air in the cabin has become heavy.

"But there is no vacancy my dear", Bob stands up and leans in to pat my shoulder.

"Just give your best for the next one month, you will surely get this job Jessie. Our company is not particularly looking for any qualifications, if we were, you wouldn't have been here. Instead we want ideas and talent. If you have the talent and ability, you will definitely get this job. Ok?", Bob says and shows me a thumbs up.

I smile at him, "Thank you so much for this opportunity Mr Royston. I will be starting my training period from the upcoming week", I say and nod.

"Call me Bob. Please."

I let out a chuckle, "sure", I say and walk out. My appointment today with Bob has gone out pretty well. He will be so much fun to work with, if I manage to get a job here.

When I reach the reception, the woman smiles at me. I can't call her a woman, because she doesn't look aged. She must be just five years older than me. A girl. Typically.

"How did it go?", She asks me.

"Good. Thank you", I say and smile.

"Hope to see you soon Ms. Damon", she says. When Bobby can call me by my name and can treat me as if he has known me for so long like a friend, then I think everyone in this office should just follow his style.

"Please call me 'Jazz' ", I say and the girl smiles at me.

"I am Veronica", the girl smiles and  we exchange a shake hand.

"Hope to see you soon too", I say and walk out of the building.

Once I reach the parking slot, I climb into my car and turn On my phone. It buzzes several times and then stops. My inbox is filled with messages and my call logs are also crashed. I quickly read Derek's name on the notifications and my heart stops.

Why am I getting so nervous and scared? He is probably making out with some girl and must have felt bored, and that's why he thought of calling me and texting me.

I open one of his message to read.

* Please come to my apartment *

My pulse quicken and my heart beats faster. Is he okay? Didn't he go to the trip with others? I immediately turn my car over to Derek's apartment. If he needs me, I am always there for him. Is he in trouble? Did he fight again with somebody?

After battling with my thoughts, I finally reach Derek's apartment. The door is already open and I step inside, nervously. Derek's back is facing towards me and I take a step forward.

"Derek?", I call his name softly. He quickly turns around and my heart drops. His eyes are bloodshot and his lips are pale. I come near him and see slight white traces around his nose. What was he doing? The apartment is empty and he is all alone.

"Hazz..", he slurs. I shake his shoulders and try to bring him back to reality. He can't even tell my name properly.

"Derek are you ok!?", I practically yell.

"Bessie left me..and you refused to leave me.. j..j.. and now... you're gone too..", Derek slurs. He sways back and forth and I help him to balance his body. White sashes kept on the table catches my eye. Many beer bottles are scattered on the floor and the living room is filled with trails of smoke.

"Are you drugged!?", I scream at him and take a step back.

"N.. New Jersey would be..nice together...", He says, ignoring my question. Derek slipped back into taking drugs because I refused to go along with him? I cant help but feel guilty about the entire situation.

Hey guys!! so how did you like the new character- Bobby? I just wanted to include few elements of the story in this book itself so that the next one can go on smoothly.
Thank you so much for reading :)
Do Vote and Comment pls...