Chapter 48

"I...", again he opens his mouth to say something, but shuts it. It feels so annoying and so irritating to have him stand in front of me. 

"Shut up you pumpkin head... I am Jessie.. Jessie Damon. You want to say something to me? Ok go on......", I stumble, but Derek catches me. I should never ever drink again!

"Jazz, your fucking wasted! come with me", He says and grips my arms again. I try to jerk away, but this time his grip is so fucking hard. He pulls me along with him and we make our way through the crowd. Suddenly, the crowd begins to cheer and clap. I stop my way and Derek turns to look at me. I am confused at the sudden change around me. So, I turn to my right and my eyes widen when I see Josh kneeling in front of Aby. He is holding a red rose in his hand and his face is covered with a big smile. Instantly my face lights up and my vision becomes clear. Aby is so overwhelmed and is slightly embarrassed by everybody's glares. Her eyes are filled with tears and she is covering her mouth with her hand. I am so happy for Aby and I cant wait to hug her after Josh's proposal. 

Derek is looking at me with his soft blue eyes. He keeps glancing at Aby and Josh and I hope he behaves well tonight. I don't want him to spoil Josh's much awaited proposal. 

"I love you Aby!!", Josh shouts and the crowd claps and cheers for him much louder. Aby takes the rose from his hand and nods her head. Josh quickly stands up from the ground and pulls her into a tight hug. I join my hands together in excitement and Derek lets out a small chuckle. No matter how drunk I am, I will never be able to forget this happy moment ever in my life. 

Aby and Josh disappears into the crowd and I want to go near them, but right now I don't want them to be worried about me. I don't want Aby to babysit me because I am drunk. She needs to be with Josh now and I can congratulate her tomorrow.

"How stupid", Derek remarks and rolls his eyes. 

"That jerk shouldn't have proposed like that", He says. What does he think of himself? Just because he is the College's Romeo doesn't mean that he is an expert in all these things. He is nothing compared to Josh.

"Then, how do you think a proposal should be? yelling? shouting? abusing?" I ask him. The good thing about being drunk is that I can tell things to Derek very confidently and pain cannot be felt much. Vodka is making me spit my heart out at Derek.

"No", he simply says. I know he is getting annoyed, but I am liking it. I don't even think Derek will propose to anyone ever. Bessie... Bessie..., my subconscious reminds me and I slap her.

Before I can think, I am inside a room and Derek closes the door behind. How did I get here? I sit on the small wooden bench and cross my legs over.

"We sit here until you're fine. Ok?", He asks and sits next to me. I try to move a bit, but my body feels heavy. I look away from him and he frowns. 

"You can leave", I say without looking at Derek. I don't know why my heart aches when I behave like this with him. I feel so sorry for him, but he just doesn't deserve all this.

"What's your fucking problem Jazz...?", He says, jumping to his feet and standing in front of me. Okay, so now the sober Derek Jeremy is gone away.

"I don't want you to be around me. Just leave Derek!", I yell standing up from the bench. The vodka is starting to show its effect and I am just loving it. Maybe, I should get drunk often only to fight with Derek.

"I cant leave you like this", He says and looks away in frustration. Why is he angry at me? 

"Ok... so you are coming with me this weekend to Manhattan", I say and pout. I know this will drive him crazy. I have known him for so long and this technique can be widely used to drive him away from me. Derek's jaw tenses and he clenches his fists at the sides, eyes filled with angry and lips drawn into a thin line. He begins walking backwards and reaches for the door handle. Ok... so I win.

"Fuck you Jessie!", He yells and barges out of the room.

Once he is gone, I feel empty and hollow. Tears roll down my cheeks and I try hard to stop it. Pain shouldn't be felt when your drunk, but in my case, I don't feel anything apart from pain.

My phone buzzes and Aby's name flashes on the screen. I hit the ignore button and tuck the phone inside my jean. If I speak to her, she will definitely cringe at my condition.

I stand up, balancing myself and make my way out of the small room. The corridor is filled with people and I take a deep breath before disappearing into the crowd. I come out of the building and make my way to the small table outside. Most of the drinks are empty and my eyes keeps searching for that special 'burning drink'. I need to drink, I need it to burn my pain in the chest. My hand reaches out for a green glass and I don't bother to look in. I immediately take a sip from it and it tastes like wine. Better.

I finish the entire glass and reach out for another. I try searching around for Aby, but the crowd makes me sick. So I come near the fire and take a seat on one of the benches. I still have a green glass in my hand.

"Hey", a male voice takes a seat next to me and I look at him. It is that Jimmy jerk. I roll my eyes at him and he looks confused. He is also holding a green glass in his hand. I instantly feel like I've got a company tonight.

"Hi", I say and look away.

Hey guys... I really think Jessie is funny when she is drunk. What are your opinions? Do let me know!! 

Thank you for reading :)

Do vote and comment.