Chapter 84

Jim's wild eyes pour into mine and his lips part, "Of course!", he says and holds my hand, leading me to the dance floor. I quickly wrap my arms around his neck and pulls him closer. Mission forget Derek is on. I push my hips against Jim and he groans. I feel so cheap and so shameful, but what Derek has done to me is unforgettable.

"Jessie... slow...", he licks his lips. I can't believe I am actually throwing myself at a jerk like Jimmy. "Jim, Kiss me", I order and lean into him. Taking in my words, Jimmy's eyes lights up. He immediately presses his mouth against me and wraps his arms around my waist. His tongue sweeps across mine and he breathes into my mouth. I stand still. I cant feel the similar burn inside me. I don't even feel that I am actually kissing Jimmy. His mouth feels so odd against mine and his tongue doesn't make me moan at all. Jimmy is nowhere compared to Derek. He can't light my soul on fire as Derek does. Suddenly, Jim pulls back and looks at me. I bring my lips together and look down. 

"Don't you feel anything?", he asks with annoyance.

"I am drunk", I say and roll my eyes.

"So? even I am drunk! but I can feel the fire between us", He says.

"There is no fire between us Jim. What do you want?", I ask.

"Let's fuck each other. Come on!", he says and grabs my waist again. I cant think straight, I am drunk, but I will never let anyone touch me. "Stop it!", I yell and manage to push Jim off me. I step back and walk away from him as soon as possible. My body is heavy and I can feel my head spin, but I don't stop on my way.

"Jazz!", a female voice stops me from behind. I turn around to find Aby and I quickly run towards her and wrap my arms around. I cry into her neck and she rubs her hand on my shoulder to console me. "Jazz, are you ok?", she asks.

"Tell me!", Aby orders. I pull back from her and cry. She cups my cheek, "Jazz... are you drunk?", she asks.

"Aby... I....", I cry. 

"Jazz! will you just tell me what happened!", Aby yells. Even after being drunk, I can feel the pain. Shouting at Jimmy has already made me sober and now I can feel the pain increase inside my heart.

"Aby... Derek is with Olivia... I kissed... Jim...I am so stupid", I cry and Aby wipes my tears. 

"Where is Derek?", She asks in an angry tone.

"I don't know...", I sob.

"I am not going to leave that asshole!", Aby says and looks around, searching for Derek.

"I told you! I told you every fucking time! He is not meant for you Jazz. Please forget him and don't you dare do anything like Iris did", Aby is crying too. 

"Aby...I'm so sorry", I cry.

"Let's go home Jazz. Come on", she reaches for my hand, but I jerk away.

"No. I will not let my life get ruined because of Derek", I say wiping my tears.

"What! are you insane Jazz!?", Aby yells.

"Derek is here and I need to confront him Aby", I say.

"No Jessie don't!"

"Aby please.. I will be fine and I promise you that I won't be the next Iris", I say and sigh. 

"Ok. I'm leaving!", Aby says in frustration and walks away from me. I gather all my courage and head back to the ballroom. I look around. Jimmy is not found so, I make my way to the boys locker. This is the place where most of the hookups happen. I swear I am going to kill Derek, if I find him with that bitch Olivia.

The locker is empty and there is nobody inside. Where could he probably be? 

"Jessie?"

I turn back hoping it to be Derek. I feel like the air has been sucked from me, when I see Josh instead. He is dressed in a green suit and his hair is perfectly gelled. I roll my eyes and try to walk past him.

"Wait", he stops me.

I turn around and sigh, "Look Josh, I am in a hurry and I don't want to waste my time with you", I say quickly.

"I'm so sorry Jessie, for what happened before. I know I messed up everything. I shouldn't have cheated on Aby... she didn't deserve that", he says and looks down.

"Right! She didn't deserve you Josh", I sigh, "I know relationships can be tough sometimes, but you shouldn't have moved on so quickly. You hooked up with some girl and do you know how much you hurt Aby?", I vent out my frustration on Josh.

"And you even leaked all my details to Derek", I add.

"Well, Jessie, he told me that he...", Josh stops.

"What?"

"I think you need to hear that from him", Josh says and walks into the locker room. I don't follow Josh to ask him what did Derek tell. Instead, I turn on my heel and walk out of the campus building. The cold air makes me shiver slightly. The campus is almost empty. Its 3 in the midnight and slowly the crowd is dispersing. I come to the canteen searching for Derek, but he is not there too. Suddenly, I can hear a soft chuckle in the air. I look around but there is no trace neither of Derek nor his friends. I walk towards the backside of the campus. Nobody actually comes here, but this is the only place remaining to search for Derek.

"Damn she was hot!", a boy in red tuxedo remarks and takes a sip of his drink. There is a small boy gang surrounding him and each one is holding a beer bottle. I come near them and my heart falls when I see Derek laughing along with the boys. He has a cigarette in his hand and takes a puff from it.

"What do you want?", the boy in red tuxedo looks at me and asks. My eyes are glued to Derek and I can't see anything apart from him.