𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐬

It was a dark and early morning, the sun had yet risen, however Kotoha started waking up.  As she opened her eyes, she saw Douma's sleeping face only inches away from hers and his hands on top of her hip and the other gently gripping Inosuke's little hand.  'H-He's so close...', Kotoha thought as her face blushed red.  She quietly sat up, careful to not let Douma and Inosuke awaken and walked towards the porch.  She walked towards the cherry blossom tree that was just outside Douma's room and took a deep breath.  

'It's already been 2 in a half months since I've arrived here...I hope everything will stay the same and that Inosuke will be safe', Kotoha thought.  She plucked some petals from a branch and was about to head back inside to Douma and Inosuke until she heard the entrance open up.  She peeked through the corner to see who was entering and was about to go and greet them until she saw their faces, in which, her world shook.  It was her husband and her mother-in-law.  She quickly ducked behind the wall as she clutched the petals in her hands tightly.

'W-Why are they here?! Are they here for me and Inosuke?  I need to get back right now!', Kotoha thought as she quickly ran towards Douma's room to see Douma awake holding Inosuke who was also awake.  

"Oh, Kotoha, good morning~!", said Douma. 

"G-Good morning, Douma-sama...", Kotoha responded through her panting as she walked closer and sat next to Douma, holding the crunched up petals.

"Are you alright, Kotoha? You seem worried about something", asked Douma as he laid a hand on her shoulder and smiled at her.  'Should I tell him..?...No, I won't, he's already done a lot for me and Inosuke, I'd hate to bother him even more...', thought Kotoha.

"Everything's alright, Douma-sama.  I was just...gathering some petals!  Sorry if they're a little crunched up", Kotoha replied as she forced a smile.  Douma seemed wary of Kotoha but decided to brush it off.  Kotoha got closer to Douma, who was holding baby Inosuke and gently dropped the flower petals on Inosuke, who started smiling and laughing, even almost ate a petal if Douma wouldn't have quickly snatched it from his mouth and laughed.  Their moment was interrupted when a man had knocked on Douma's door.  

'No, please don't let it be them!', Kotoha pleaded in her mind as her heart started racing and she got closer to Douma, hiding behind him.  When the door opened, it was only a male servant of Douma's.  

"I'm very sorry for the interruption, my lord, but we have some new guests, asking to join", the man said when he bowed his head.  Kotoha signed and placed her hand on her chest, where her heart was still rapidly beating.  'Why did Kotoha look so scared for a moment?', Douma thought, unknown to Kotoha that he was watching her reaction when the man had knocked on the door.  

"Thank you for informing me, tell them I'll meet with them very soon", said Douma.  The man nodded and closed the sliding doors.  Kotoha was clutching her hands together, worried for what might happen to her and Inosuke with those two now here, until Douma softly patted her head.  

"Why don't you and Inosuke head for breakfast?  I'll stay here and greet them", suggested Douma.  He gazed into her worryful eyes and gently caressed her hair, helping Kotoha relax and calm down.  Kotoha nodded and stood up with Inosuke, walking towards the door and bowed to Douma before leaving to the dining room.  As soon as Kotoha left, Douma snapped his finger to summon one of his demon servants.

"You summoned me, my lord?", the demon asked, bowing his head before Douma.

"Yes~ I have heard that there two new guest today, am I right?", asked Douma.

"Yes, my lord, one man adult and another elder lady", responded the demon.  

"I see...", 'That man could be Kotoha's husband who came looking for her, but the old woman? Maybe the man's mother.  Should I kill them now? ...No, I'll observe them first'