𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕: 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

Kotoha's eyes widen as her heart throbbed loudly in her chest as it echoed in her ears, her pale face was flushed with a deep red blush and radiated intense heat, her moist, emerald eyes glimmered and glistened as he stared at the man who looked at her so affectionately.  Her legs felt weak as they trembled, only standing up with small amounts of strength Kotoha had left.  Her hand trembled in his own as his big hand enveloped hers.  

"Kotoha...?", Douma worriedly stared at her as her lips quivered for a reply to him, but the words stopped at the tip of her tongue.  Douma's hold on her hand loosened as he slowly placed her hand back down and released his grip. 

 "It's alright if you don't want to be, Kotoha", he wore a sorrowful smile, "Let's go back to the car", he said as he turned around, but Kotoha flinched as he walked away so she ran up to him and held onto his arm, hugging his arm tightly to her chest. 

"I...", she kept her eyes tightly closed shut, "..I want to be...!  Y-Your lover..."

Douma's eyes had widen at her sudden gesture, but they slowly narrowed as his expression melted to a smile.  She let go of his hand and fidgeted with her hands while keeping her head low.  He then opened his arms for her and embraced her.

Douma chuckled - "My shy Kotoha", he said as he stared at her emerald eyes that shyly looked at him back.  He then leaned in close to her and kissed her cheek, placing his lips softly against her pale skin.  

He then glided a hand down to her own and intertwined them - "Let's go home now", he smiled, "The kids are waiting"

Kotoha's eyes glistened when he said that, making a tingling feeling envelope her chest.  He then began to slowly walk to the car while holding her hand firmly.  She's heard him say that sentence before, many times over, but hearing it as they officially became a couple made her heart feel blissful.  She'll have a home to come to.  

She walked faster to stay beside Douma's side as she used her left arm and held his arm close to her.  She leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked, something she longed to do with him.  She didn't hear him protest about it, but as her eyes glanced upwards to look as his face, she meet his gaze looking tenderly look at her with a smile.  She flinched and turned her head the other way due to embarrassment while Douma chuckled and smiled.  'How cute~!', he thought to himself as he watched the lovely pink blush taint her cheeks. 

They arrived at the car and he opened the door for her side before getting in himself.  He placed the key inside and started the car.  He turned around to face the back of his car as they slowly backed away.  When he was in the clear, he switched the stick shift to Drive and began driving home.  However, when he started driving, he felt small hands slowly wrap against his left arm again and cling it away from him.  

He looked to his left to find Kotoha fondly holding his arm close to her chest while leaning her head on his shoulder while driving.  

She felt him look at her - "D-Does this hinder you?", she looked up at him. 

"Of course not", he gently smiled. 

She stared at his smile for a few seconds and held onto his arm tighter - "I'm sorry, Douma, but...I want to be selfish this one time"

He chuckled - "You can be selfish as long as you want, Kotoha.  You can hold onto my arm even when I'm still nothing but bones", he joked, but it was true.  He rested his hand on her leg and soothingly rubbed his thumb against her skin.  It didn't feel like a suggestive gesture, but more of a reassurance to Kotoha, letting her know that he was there for her to hold. 

They had arrived home in 5 minutes and was greeted by three kids running to greet them.  They hugged their legs as Kotoha kneeled down to the kids and gave them all a hug.