𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

"You should confess to him, Kotoha", Rei smiled as she took a small piece of her strawberry cake.

"...I'm not sure, Rei...what if he doesn't like me back?!", Kootha quietly yelled as she placed her two hands on her redden cheeks. 

Rei fondly looked at Kotoha - "That's nonsense, Kotoha.  He clearly shows you affection and why would he if he doesn't like you?" 

"I just...", Kotoha paused as she rested her arms on the table and looked at her coffee, "I just want to be sure this time...that this time will be different than the last"

Rei stayed quiet as she stared at Kotoha's face full of uncertainty - "You know, I used to be in your situation as well with my husband now"

Kotoha perked up - "Hm?  With your husband?", Kotoha asked to which Rei nodded.

"It was more of an arranged marriage for benefits of the company", Rei spoke gently, "He was a great man at first, but as we had Hanae, he devoted more time to his work.  It was similar to your husband, he couldn't really stand Hanae's crying when working...so I fled and then I met Muzan", she smiled as her face brightened.  

"He was very cold and distant at first, he let us stay with him, but only on the bottom floor", Rei awkwardly smiled, "He always stayed on the second floor and rarely came down unless it was for breakfast.  For dinner, he had the servants bring him the food, but he eventually warmed up!"

Kotoha looked up and looked at Rei - "...How did you know he was the one?"

Rei's smile grew sweeter as she placed a hand on her cheek - "I didn't...but I could tell that he was much better because of how well he treated us, even if it took some time"

Rei then reached for Kotoha's hands and grasped them tightly - "Kotoha...I know that the last time you listened to your heart, things didn't go well.  But I ensure that this time, you should listen to it firmly", she said kindly. 

"Mm", Kotoha nodded, "Thank you"

________

"Oh my", Kotoha watched in amazement as she watched TV with the kids.

"Isn't Carmen so cool?!", Daki exclaimed with joy. 

Kotoha giggled - "She is"

Kotoha was currently watching Carmen Sandeigo with the kids as usual on a Saturday morning.  Inosuke was sitting on her lap as his eyes were glued to the TV.  Daki was sitting on her left covered in her pink blanket with stars in her eyes meanwhile Gyutaro was sittin on her right and leaned his head towards her chest, feeling sleepy and Kotoha's hand softly rubbing his head didn't help.  Suddenly, Kotoha heard a series of fast footsteps coming down the stairs and turned her head to find Douma in his work clothes; he wore a black long sleeve turtle neck with a white suit jacket and white slacks with a belt. 

Kotoha then gently stood up and placed a pillow for Gyutaro to lean on as she set Inosuke down - "Douma, are you going to work?", she asked as she approached him. 

"Unfortunately, I am", he awkwardly smiled as he rushed to put his shoes on.  

Unconsciously, Kotoha grabbed his lunch pail - "Why?  It's Saturday though?", she asked as she looked at him grabbing his keys while her hands auto piloted.

"Muzan needs me to come in and do some papers because a co-worker forgot to do them yesterday", he smiled angrily, "Even though Muzan pestered them the whole day for the papers.  I think he's going to fire them today"

"I see", Kotoha simply replied as she zipped up the lunch pail, "Well, I-"

"I'm going now, Kotoha!  I should be back soon!", he waved to her and took his keys and rushed out the door, leaving Kotoha hanging as she held the lunch pail with her two hands and blankly stared at the door.