𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

"I'm Inosuke's dad, you're just his father", Douma's sentence shook them all, even Douma himself, a demon, like him, claiming to be a human boy's dad in front of his biological father, in defense, was never heard of.  Kotoha was shocked, but also touched that Douma cared for them that he considered Inosuke as his own son and a little spark began lighting itself inside her.  However, Souji wasn't very pleased to hear this, neither was his mother.  His veins grew visible on his face and on his arm as he gave a scowl expression at Douma 

"Tch, well I'm still his father and Kotoha's still MY wife!", Souji yelled.  He stomped fast towards Douma who was shielding Kotoha, he stood right up at him, staring at his cold rainbow eyes and punched him right in the face.  Though Souji was sure he punched Douma hard, Douma still stood in front of him, not shaking, not groveling in pain, his head did turn a bit due to the impact, but that was all his punch did.  Douma still looked down on Souji with his cold glare, didn't even move an inch.

"What in the world...", Souji mumbled as he stared up at Douma.  He clenched his fist again, this time aiming for Douma's stomach but Douma blocked his attack with his golden fan, which to everyone's surprise except Douma, Souji's hand started bleeding from his knuckles and he kneeled in pain while the fan was still in one piece.  

"Ah...what type of weapon is that?!", exclaimed Souji.  'This man is so loud and irritating, I can't stand his screeching voice', thought Douma, 'I'll kill him tonight, along with his mother'.  Douma kicked Souji in the rib, causing him in yell in pain as Douma stepped his foot on top of Souji's back, pressing it hard on his spine.  

"You annoy me, like a disgusting bug", Douma harshly said.  Souji was gonna respond back at him but when he tried to open his mouth, Douma pressed his foot harder.  Unknown to Douma that Kotoha was utterly shaking in fear while holding Inosuke.  Her seeing Douma step hard on Souji reminded her of his abuse and her memories kept filling her mind like a horrible flood.

"D-Douma-sama...", she whispered while looking at the scene in horror.  Douma heard her small whisper and turned his gaze at Kotoha, who was trembling.  'She must be scared...guess I'll save the rest for tonight then', Douma walked over to Kotoha and gently placed his arms around her while also giving Inosuke some space.  

"I'm sorry if I scared you, Kotoha", Douma said.  Kotoha's shaking lessened when she felt him embrace her and hearing his soft voice, meant only for her.  

"Can...Can we go now, Douma-sama?", asked Kotoha who was looking at Souji getting up from the ground and giving her a nasty look.

"Sure, oh! Let's go see the greenhouse~", smiled Douma.  Kotoha nodded and they both walked away with Douma placing his arm around Kotoha's back.  As they turned around the corner, many servants came rushing towards them, in panic.

"Douma-sama, Kotoha-san, we heard some yelling!", one of exclaimed.

"Oh my, Douma-sama, your face is wounded", another one said.

"Is everything alright?", another person asked.

"Yes, yes, we're alright, however, could you all please detain those two over there? An adult man and an elder woman, and keep them confined in a room", the servants nodded and bowed to Douma before running around them to detain Souji and his mother.  Yelling came from where the servants were, probably Souji resisting and Kotoha began trembling again, remembering the voice that would often yell and curse her out, almost felt as if he was looming right behind her.  'No...it's alright, Kotoha, it won't ever happen again...', Kotoha thought to herself, trying to calm her bad thoughts until she felt a little nudge on her shoulder.

"Kotohaa, are you okay~?", asked Douma who was leaning his face a bit close to Kotoha.

"I-I'm alright, Douma-sama, why do you ask?", replied Kotoha, smiling awkwardly, trying to keep her usual face.