𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏: 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜

"Hmph~," Douma sighed again as he leaned his chin on her shoulder with his arms wrapped around her waist. 

"Douma?  What's wrong?" Kotoha looked up at him and placed a hand on his cheek.  "That's your fourth sigh tonight..."

Douma then pressed his cheek more into the warmth of her palm, "Something's just been bothering me lately"

"What's the matter?" Kotoha's worried eyes stared into his own for a clear answer. 

Douma fought the urge to grin as he spoke, "I don't think your co-worker likes me very much.  That man who served me today...."

"Jiro-san?  There's no way...," Kotoha looked down in shock and confusion.  Douma used that second to smirk as he gazed down upon the confused Kotoha and hugged her closer. 

"He looked at me as if I was a rival to him of some sorts...could it be that you and him have something going on?"

Kotoha instantly shot up and placed both of her hands on his cheeks, "Douma! Of course not!  You know I would never do that to you...!"

His widen eyes narrowed as the calming touch of her hand heated up his skin and the gaze of courage stayed in her eyes.  He then held her hands and leaned forward to her, reaching for her lips that he so desired.  He pressed his lips against hers, missing how complete it felt and how their lips seemed to match perfectly. 

They both shared a breath of air as they slowly parted from another.  Douma kept his eyes closed as the fleeting feeling of her lips and even the breaths he stole lingered on him.  He then pressed his forehead against hers as his hand crawled up her back and he gently leaned her down on the bed as he fell with her. 

There, he laid his head right by her chest, hearing her heart beat quicken.  He then felt her gentle hands pull his head closer to her, as if she'll never let him go, and he felt her chin above his head.  She began to stroke his untied hair, feeling his hair strands glide through her fingers.

"Douma...you know that I'll only ever love you now and forever right?" Kotoha mumbled. 

"Aho~ is that a hint for me to get a ring?" Douma teased. 

"Maybe...maybe it is," Kotoha said which surprised Douma and he instantly sat up straight to be on top of her.  She blinked at him in confusion and reached a hand to his face, caressing his forehead and down to his cheek.

"Kotoha...do you know what you just said?" he asked calmly while his own heart quickened. 

"Of course I do," Kotoha only smiled. 

Douma then leaned down to where their faces were only inches away, "Do you understand that what you just said implies you want to get married...to me?"

Kotoha giggled, "Of course!  To who else will I get married to if not you?"

"Kotoha-"

"I know that it's very sudden since we only began dating frequently, but whenever I'm with you, it feels like I've known you longer than a lifetime.  You're the safest person I've ever felt with and the seconds I spend without you just seem unbearable.  I...don't know how to describe, but it just feels right to be with you like this" she stared straight through his eyes and into his soul. 

He scoffed, but in a lighthearted way as he buried his face in her neck, "You can't take back what you said then"

"I won't"

"Not tomorrow"

"Yes"

"Not in ten years"

"Mhm"