𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔: 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮

Was there anything else to say than simply stating he was in love?  In love with the women sleeping snuggly in his arms?  No, for there was nothing else to go further to, but to embrace this women close to his chest as the very presence of her brought him warmth.  He traced his hand up from her waist, to her arm that hugged him, to her silky hair that flew through his fingers, and to her soft face that showed a warm expression.  She who made him feel alive, she who brought him joy and solance, and she who accepted for him even though he wasn't human.  Her kind heart - beating only to make him and Inosuke happy, her lovely personality - being able to draw in people with her gentle ways, her lips where sentences escaped could make anyone happy, and her beautiful appearance - a sight for sore eyes as his demon eyes devoured her. 

 He escaped a sign as the morning sun began rising outside, a new day and a new dawn - to which his surprise, he was still laying down with her in his arms.  Yesterday night felt like a dream, an illusion, for who could ever learn to love a demon?  He was always knew, deep down in his heart that when the truth would be revealed, she would run - run out of his sight, run from his touch, and run from his grasp that only yearned for her warmth.  He knew, he knew it would happen so he took every precaution he could - ordering his followers to guard the door, but it seems that he didn't actually know, but just convinced himself so.  

He sat up straight with Kotoha's hair still clinging on to him when something tumbled and turned beneath the blankets.  When he gently uncovered it, his face soften to a smile upon seeing little Inosuke awake and energetic.  Douma carefully picked up inosuke and cradled him in his arms as Inosuke cooed at him.

"Well, aren't you up early?"

"Mhm!", replied Inosuke.  His eyes that shimmered with confidence - resembling that of his wonderful mother, his hair that also faded to a royal blue, and his chubby pink cheeks that were unresistible - like a pair of soft dumplings.  He looked like the splitting image of Kotoha, perhaps maybe that was the reason why he loved Inosuke as much, he thought to himself.  But it only took him seconds to realize that he was starting to see Inosuke as his own - his own son.  A child, the evidence of love between partners as the woman nurtures it.  

'Me and...Kotoha?', Douma questioned himself as his face fell instantly red as it heated up.  He turned his head to face Kotoha who was still sleeping watching her - only to succumb by his feelings and red faced.  Till a pair of soft hands gently hit his face.

"Dad!"

"Hm~?  Little Inosuke?"

"B-Breakfat for mama", Inosuke smiled innocently earning a little chuckle from Douma.

"Do you mean breakfast, Inosuke?", Douma smiled.

"Yeah!"

"Or do you mean breakfat?  I've never heard of such a thing", Douma slyly remarked making Inosuke puff his cheeks.

"Aw, little Inosuke, don't be mad at me~", Douma said as he nuzzled his cheeks against Inosuke's, "We'll make mama some breakfast".

Douma cautiously slipped off the bed without waking up Kotoha and carried Inosuke in his arms as they made their way to the kitchen.  He sat Inosuke on the chair and kneeled down to his level.

"So~ what are we making for mommy?"

"Mm, rice!"

"Rice?  Porridge you mean?"

"Noo", Inosuke shook his head.  He used his little hands and tried to make up the shape of the food he wanted to cook.  Like a game of charades with a kid.  He was extending his hands everywhere until he raised his hands - laying them flat horizontally, making them touch - and curved out an outline of something circular.