𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

The warmth of Douma's gentle hands around her as she slept by his side, with Inosuke on her other side, dreaming away to who knows what.  With the moon at it's highest peek in the midnight sky, it illuminated their dark room, and even though it was already past 1, Douma could't sleep.  His heart wouldn't slow down, a smile grew on his face as he stared at the only two people he cared about, his chest felt weird, it wasn't anger he was feeling for this moment felt like heaven.  Douma wasn't sure, but it did feel a bit different than how he felt love, so it must be a new emotion, an emotion that made him smile as the minutes gone by.  As if he could just smile the whole day, only watching Kotoha and Inosuke look so peaceful, like their happiness brought him peace.  In which, it did.  

'Is it weird to love someone more than your own parents?', wondered Douma.  Questions flooded his mind about his emotions, about love, anger, and the new one he's feeling right now.  He stroked his hand through Kotoha's silky hair all the way down, then brought a few strands near his nose as he inhaled her flower-like scent.  'Kotoha, such a special woman you are, making a demon fall for you', Douma thought, letting go of her hair and brushed her rosy cheek with his finger.  He sat up straight and carefully moved Kotoha to his left side with little Inosuke by his right.  He placed his hands around them both, embracing them tightly.

"Douma-sama....", mumbled Kotoha in her sleep.  'How cute~', Douma chuckled.

"Yes, I'm right here, Kotoha", Douma softly whispered as he gave her a short kiss on her forehead, causing a smile to grow on her face.  'I'll always be', Douma glanced at the moon, giving a warm glimmer, that shined directly at Kotoha, making her look angelic.  He closed his eyes and tried to sleep, but knowing that once he wakes up in morning, he'll witness Inosuke and Kotoha's precious smiles, he could hardly wait for the sun to rise.  Kotoha woke up early, as usual and smiled at Douma who was hugging little Inosuke, and Inosuke clinging on Douma's arm.  

'Adorable, they look the same when hugging each other', giggled Kotoha.  She carefully squirmed out of Douma's muscular arms and walked over to her pile of gifts.  She looked over them before picking up the decorated vase Akako made and placed it near Douma's chair.  'Hmm, it doesn't look right...',  thought Kotoha as she stared at the vase from afar, tilting her head.  'Oh! I'll make it in to a rainbow bouquet, just like his eyes!', Kotoha gently pulled the flowers that were inside the vase and arranged them by color, then picked more flowers, all of different colors and arranged them.  'There, finished', Kotoha thought as she had different piles of different colored flowers, she scanned over which color she'd put in first, then decided to pick purple.  She placed all the purple flowers neatly on the rim, then picked blue, green, yellow, orange, and red, in the perfect order of the rainbow.  'Perfect', Kotoha thought proudly.  She glanced over at Douma and Inosuke who were still sleeping and came up with an idea.  She walked out of the room and in to the porch, plucked some daisies and braided them into a flower crown and a small ring.  Once, she finished, she crouched down next to Douma and carefully placed the crown on his hand, then slid the ring on to Inosuke's index finger.  'Aww, they're matching!  They look so cute', giggled Kotoha, both her mouth and eyes curving in to an upward crescent.

"Staring at me while I sleep huh, Kotoha~?", Kotoha opened her eyes and found Douma looking straight at her with a cheeky smile.  Her face flushed beet red from her chin up to her forehead and she quickly turned her head away, placing her hands on her warm cheeks as she heard Douma laughing.

"How-How long were you awake...?", whispered Kotoha.

"When I felt you leaving my arms", smiled Douma, noticed that Kotoha had flinched at his response.

"You-You were watching me this whole time...?!", Kotoha softly yelled, staring back at Douma with a panicked red face.

"Hahaha, well I was wondering where you were going so I decided to watch you, in case anything happens", Douma replied as he gently got Inosuke off him and laid him back on the bed, then he moved closer to Kotoha.  He wrapped his hand around her waist as he buried his face between her neck and shoulder, his breath tickling down Kotoha's back.