uǝʇ

"hm what a pretty sight

"hm what a pretty sight .."

"i agree, you don't come across this often"

"well, at least normal people don't"

He groaned, waking up was one of his least favorite things to do out of the very long list of things. Today was what seemed like a normal day to others, even to him, but it was the complete opposite to a special someone.

Rintarō Suna's birthday

In all honesty, he had completely forgotten simply because within the past couple weeks or even months his focus had been anywhere but on himself. Yuki had taken up most of his days with her endless nagging, so if he wanted time to himself it was when he was sleeping.

As he got up from his bed, he made his way over to his bathroom, turning the shower on to run warm. Going back over to his room, he heard a ding from his phone.

When he picked it up, he expected a text from Yuki but it was actually from his mom. Confusion overtook his fatal expression as he opened the text, reading it over cleared the confusion.

Ma ❤️

good morning !
happy birthday, my
baby has grown so much ..
10:20 am
im so proud of you and
everything you've done in this life.
10:21 am
im sorry I can't come home this year :(
we have things going on with
the business and such.
10:22 am
well enjoy your day today
I sent you a gift, I know its
not much but I also know you
like money more than materialistic things
I love you baby, happy birthday ❤️❤️
read 10:23 am

As he finished reading the texts, he replied with a simply 'thank you mom, I love you most', smiling at the fact that his mother had always been so caring. Before he put his phone down, he noticed a notification go off, clicking on it his eyes opened wide.

what . the . fuck .

1 million yen had been added into his bank account, his mom had moved to America when he left high school. She married into a very rich family without knowing, so to them this was nothing.

Regardless if she had a rich husband, it didn't bend her personality which is what Suna loved most about his mom. She had always been true to herself and thats how he wanted to live his life, even if that was taking a little while to happen.

He thanked his mother again for the gift and walked over to the bathroom, turning his speaker on and playing music to fill the comfortable silence that flowed throughout his home.

As he stepped in, his entire body relaxed to the feeling of the hot water running down his skin, slightly stinging yet pleasurable. Just enough so that the lack of warm in his body was even with the heat of the water.

I just wish things were easier

Ever since last week, his mind had been full of thoughts consisting of him doubting his worth. He questioned as to why y/n wouldn't leave Kise if she claimed to have wanted him so bad.

Why would she cheat on Kise if she loved him, it was obvious that she didn't, or maybe she just hasn't realized that their relationship is platonic not romantic.

Little did he know, y/n knew that she loved her 'boyfriend' but she hadn't been in love with anyone other that Suna himself.

Even throughout the thoughts of y/n, Suna couldn't help but wonder in the back of his mind where Yuki had went. She had been gone for about a month now, no contact, no pestering, no trace of her at all.

As if God himself just ridded her from his life, as an early birthday present. At least thats what he wanted to believe, but he still wondered of her safety and well being, after all he wasn't a complete asshole.

-

"Alright I got it damn chill" He responded to the suspiciously excited Osamu on the phone.

"yes yes I know okay, i'm leaving my house now, bye" He hung up the phone and walked over to his closet to choose an outfit for the party tonight, knowing it was going to be another simple yet stylish outfit.

After what seemed like forever he finally came up with an outfit, black long sleeve button-up, black slacks, and nice dress shoes. He loosened the shirt, unbuttoning the top 3 buttons to reveal his chest.

He decided a gold chain would match his outfit, as well as some rings.

fashion icon af

Grabbing his phone, keys, and wallet, he walked out of his home, locked his door and made his way to his car to drive to Osamu's club.

After the first year of university, Osamu thought it would be amazing to buy and own a club. Originally it was a place for their friends to gather, but it became popular due to the sudden exposure by his brother practically announcing his brothers successes everywhere.

When he arrived to the club, it was mildly full, a mix of high school friends, the group, and random strangers. The smell of alcohol and weed roamed throughout the room, completely masking it with its distinctive smell.

As he walked around searching for his friends, he eventually found the table where they had all been sitting at. Everyone was there including his old teammates, some friends he met from volleyball at other schools, the main group, and best of all.. Y/n.

His mood had brightened up, even if no one had wished him a happy birthday and the reasoning of the party was 'cuz why not' as Osamu stated, he was still happy to be with everyone.

But quickly his mood dropped as he noticed the arm wrapped around y/n's waist.